Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage vs. Road King

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 03:16 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

Imho, both a great bikes. Ride them both, even if you have to go out and rent them for a day. I went with the heritage and don't regret it for a second. Some of these guys say it's not so good for long rides, but I've done lots of 1000 km days, and was in just as good of shape as the guys riding the full touring bikes. I can run all day at 130km/h (i have the 6 speed) and it doesn't bother me at all. The only thing you'd need to put on is a good set of highway pegs. Check out my pick, and don't buy the ones I bought, lol. I'm sure the road queen is a great bike too though

Old 08-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Hammy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say they are about the same (heritage a little smoother under 65mph and at idle) The Roadking will be much cooler on your crotch if you get stuck in a lot of traffic as softails run hotter. The roadking will run better at high speeds and will vibrate less at speed, but the roadking will vibrate more at idle.. Seat height is lower on heritage, seat height is higher on roadking and I think roadking has more lean angle before scraping the floorboards.. I love my softail for everything except long highway rides at 65+ mph then the vibes make my back hurt, that is where the touring bikes shine and I think the touring bikes corner just a little bit better.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I've rode both and owned a Heritage.....

I am 61 and at 6'2'' and 280 the Heritage IMHO is the one.
The wife (5'2''@115 )and we ride two up 95% of the time and we love it.. 29k miles in 3yrs, so we should be able to give an honest opinion...

Given we don't do long (Weeks)extended trips (she has Med Issue).. but do ride anywhere from 2-5hrs daily in the summer (warm weather) here in Ind.....

The Heritage lets U sit in the bike (their bout 1 1/2" lower), the bars are ERGO correct and has a shield and leather bags.

The RK feels like Ur sitting on top of the bike, its bars are too low and wide, at least for me, causing pain after riding ?? hrs...that why most changes them out...at the cost of $1k if dealer does them..

I Honestly don't think the King rides any better,, IMHO,, its about even at worst.

I thought about trading last yr, then after riding one,,, for me,, theirs no way.... and Believe me MONEY was not a Issue.......I can write the check,,,easy...

Not all think that way, but the Heritage is not Ur normal Softail,,, it much more and a lot better ride than a Custom or NT....

I did have to get the wife the touring seat and touring rear sissy bar pad, plus floorboards cause the stock stuff on the 07's really sucked...

I am writing this only cause I rode the King and can compare it to a Heritage...

Old 08-20-2010, 10:31 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a matter of personal preference. Both are good road bikes. Personally for me, I like the feel of the Heritage better than the RK. Both bikes are good for the long haul, however, the King will be roomier, since after all, that's what it's designed for. Good luck.