Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage vs. Road King

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

Just throw 'em both in a blender a get yourself a Deluxe. A plush ride and the name says it all . . .

Last edited by Sleeko; 08-19-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just went through the same decision as you,and its not an easy one. We rented and afterwards made up our mind. Both great bikes and really have nothing about either one i didnt like but the heritage just fit me better and ive had it for a month noe 1250 miles latter glad i got it good luck and either one u will love

Attached Thumbnails Heritage vs. Road King-dscf0442.jpg  
Old 08-19-2010, 08:19 PM
jpollard62
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman in NC
At least sit on both. I'm sure you'll like the 'in' feel of the Heritage compared to the 'on' feel of the RK. Both bikes run just fine. I've ridden both. The balanced engine of the Heritage is really nice up to 60 or 70. At that point the RK feels like it ready to take off. Riding two up? Another issue. The RK is probably better if it's long haul. If you're going to be burning up interstate highways, go RK. Most other riding, you'll probably like the Heritage. Also matters how tall you are. Lot of stuff to consider. Good luck.
I agree with Gman..Woth the Heritage it feels like you sit in the bike not on the bike....I like the Heritage for the feel.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Good Time Gang
Tourer

i had a sportster that i loved to ride. i liked that it was light and fast. the wife really wanted to ride and we started looking. i loved the wide glide i tested, and enjoyed the fat boy, but the wife kept leaning to the looks and comfort of the heritage. to be honest i was never interested in the rk. I love the way they look head on, but i never even sat on one. ended up finding a hell-of-a deal on a heritage and love it. rides so much better imho than the fat boy, and could not imagine going back to sitting on a bike and not in it. i have a mustache crash bar that allows me to toss my legs out and enjoy the road. 250-300 miles are max i do in a day, but i would not be afraid to try an iron *** on it. good luck and ride safe on which ever bike you get.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:47 PM
recon7
Cruiser

As others have said, you should at least go to a dealership and sit on both models. The touring bikes just did not fit me as I'm a short guy. The Heritage was just perfect for me. Found mine used for a good price with several after market mods already installed.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 AM
Chips
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by philo111
This is a big expense for me and I want to get it right. I have to buy used and most fellas won't let me take them out for a couple hours to get a good feel for them. What are the pros and cons comparing these two?
I hear ya.
For mamy people it is a big expense and therefore a big decision.
You're getting good advice here. ie; test ride or at least sit on to get a feel for the bikes.

I set out to get a RK because I love the looks of that bike. ...but a quick ride on the Heritage Classic and I knew it was the bike for me.

both are great bikes....choose the one that's right for you and you'll be a happy rider.

all the best with your decision.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:37 AM
fm58
Tourer
Received 128 Likes on 40 Posts

Ditto on what Chips said, I have rented both bikes. I really think you should do that to be sure.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:48 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bloomington g
In town and 200-500 mile weekends = Heritage

Longer road trips = Road Glide

Just personal preference, but I overlook the RK when considering the touring line bikes.
I tend to agree with this. If going for a touring model, get a full on touring bike like a Street Glide or Ultra.

If primarily freeway/hiway miles - probably touring. Living in Nor Cal its all about the back roads through the Sierras, Tahoe, Yosemite, the coast...

Old 08-20-2010, 10:00 AM
rtodd
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I tested both and went with the Heriatge ealier this year. It fits me better, I feel like I sit down in it, and it was smooth. Most of my riding is backroads and out in the country.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:45 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

If your able to test ride both bikes try to include some curvy roads with elevation changes.
I think which one you like will become evident pretty quick.

Quick Reply: Heritage vs. Road King