Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowest, Deepest seat option for Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011 | 07:00 AM
prost34
Tourer

I had a badlander seat on my deluxe when i bought it,killed me to ride with it,hard on the lower back,went riding with my dad with his street glide had to stop allot and rest,,,i took the stock seat and cut it up to fit me,,allot nicer,,

Old 08-29-2011 | 07:02 AM
prost34
Tourer

Has anyone tried danny greys buttcrack seat?

Old 08-29-2011 | 07:05 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by prost34
Has anyone tried danny greys buttcrack seat?
Pretty sure T Stone has one on his scoot.

Old 08-29-2011 | 08:08 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by endress1
Do you know how much difference there is in a LePera than a Badlander ? Price is a big difference. I also have a 07 Electra Glide with 14" bars, and a 21" mammoth going on this week. Will I have more of a reach when the 21 is on,and the rear is lowered? Im sitting too close,and too high now, with the tour pack off. Im 6"4 and I want to be low and back, with a reach !! Thought about getting mine cut down, but the wifes gonna want it thick, when we travel,, BOO... thanks alot
Sounds like a Le Pera Bare Bones is the seat you want from what I am reading.The Badlander sits you a little higher .About an inch or so.And is only a bit more comfortable.The Bare Bones looks better IMO.Depending how much you are lowered in the rear with the 21.You may have more of a reach.But I doubt it will be any thing really substantial.I can tell you the addition of the shotgun shock made my Bare Bones quite a bit more comfortable.

Old 08-29-2011 | 09:33 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

C&C 1" lower and 2" back. Super low, you will be in the bike. They have a bit more padding than the bare bones but some prefer the bare bones look of the LaPera. I have never ridden on a barebones so I don't know about the difference in comfort, although I can do 500 miles a day on my C&C no problem. I find a mixture of comfort a looks is always the best for the seat.

Drew

Old 08-29-2011 | 09:48 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the same problem with my Deluxe. I am in the process of having the stock seat "shaved" by an upholstry shop. Hopefully, this cheap alternative fixes the problem. SJ Ron

Old 08-29-2011 | 09:52 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Here is a pic of MY C&C. It' is pretty slim, but not as slim as the barebones. I like a little comfort on those long rides. I sell all seats as well. Pm or email me at DREW@DRVTWIN.COM

Drew

Old 08-29-2011 | 10:00 AM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

Anyone getting a Badlander for two up riding be careful. Had an EX who used to b and whine about feeling like she was being sawed in half (use your imagination) on the Badlander.

I am still running the stock Deluxe seat and have had no issues as of yet. (haven't done any 300 mile runs yet)

Old 08-29-2011 | 11:35 AM
prost34
Tourer

Originally Posted by BB06FLHX
Anyone getting a Badlander for two up riding be careful. Had an EX who used to b and whine about feeling like she was being sawed in half (use your imagination) on the Badlander.

I am still running the stock Deluxe seat and have had no issues as of yet. (haven't done any 300 mile runs yet)
my wife said the same thing with the badlander,,

Old 08-29-2011 | 11:53 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by endress1
Do you know how much difference there is in a LePera than a Badlander ? Price is a big difference. I also have a 07 Electra Glide with 14" bars, and a 21" mammoth going on this week. Will I have more of a reach when the 21 is on,and the rear is lowered? Im sitting too close,and too high now, with the tour pack off. Im 6"4 and I want to be low and back, with a reach !! Thought about getting mine cut down, but the wifes gonna want it thick, when we travel,, BOO... thanks alot
I don't think the 21"er will make any difference on reach. I also never owned a Badlander so can't help you there. All i do know is with my stock seat i'm sitting on my tank. And with my Lepera i'm sitting on my rear fender. Complete difference in seating and reach... Good Luck bro!

Quick Reply: Lowest, Deepest seat option for Deluxe?