Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motoflake helmets

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:40 AM
LilRaRa
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

old thread, I know, but you guys with motoflakes might wanna search around a little. Not saying I've done the search, as I don't have one, but I've read a lot about them on the forums and was trying to find them cuz they look sweet...

got a feelin they aren't huge for a reason. Can't find em anywhere. All the links to the ebay store go nowhere. Googled it and can't find a thing about them or anywhere that sells em. If I owned one, I'd be looking to replace it stat... I'd be worried it's not legit DOT... just my opinion though. If Bell, rockhard, fulmer, shoei, etc can't make em that small, what makes you think motoflake from a random guy on ebay can?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:47 AM
hksigman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LilRaRa
old thread, I know, but you guys with motoflakes might wanna search around a little. Not saying I've done the search, as I don't have one, but I've read a lot about them on the forums and was trying to find them cuz they look sweet...

got a feelin they aren't huge for a reason. Can't find em anywhere. All the links to the ebay store go nowhere. Googled it and can't find a thing about them or anywhere that sells em. If I owned one, I'd be looking to replace it stat... I'd be worried it's not legit DOT... just my opinion though. If Bell, rockhard, fulmer, shoei, etc can't make em that small, what makes you think motoflake from a random guy on ebay can?
What are you talkin about? Most guys on here are wearing BILTWELL Megaflake- we know they are NOT DOT helmets- Biltwell is a known company out of Temecula Ca. Licks Cycles makes a DOT that is smaller than BELL, Biltwell etc. If you goto their website they have pictures comparing the size of their helmet to other DOT 3/4 lids.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:51 AM
11FXS
Tourer

Biltwell makes a good looking MetalFlake DOT helmet now..They are their Hustler line.. also Daytona makes a slick looking Metalflake lid too.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 AM
aniceplace
Advanced

My wife loves her Bell Custom 500. I'm impressed with the quality.

Attached Thumbnails Motoflake helmets-dsc02542.jpg  
Old 10-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

--------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-03-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:51 PM
LilRaRa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hksigman
What are you talkin about? Most guys on here are wearing BILTWELL Megaflake- we know they are NOT DOT helmets- Biltwell is a known company out of Temecula Ca. Licks Cycles makes a DOT that is smaller than BELL, Biltwell etc. If you goto their website they have pictures comparing the size of their helmet to other DOT 3/4 lids.
I'm talking about MOTOFLAKE... the OP was asking about MOTOFLAKE and a lot of people on here talk about having them. They bought them from some random guy on ebay that claimed they were DOT, from what I can tell.

I searched to see if I could find MOTOFLAKE helmets and cant find anything. All of the links to the ebay store selling these MOTOFLAKE helmets lead to nowhere.

My first impression of all this is that the guy was a phony.

I know there are some smallER DOT lids, but there's a minimum size for DOT. Too small raises red flags for me, especially when its a no name.

I said nothing about biltwell, licks or anything else. Some of us want DOTs and IMO, MOTOFLAKE probably was not DOT, whether he claimed it or not.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:38 PM
nickel.wound
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My gloss black Lick's was exactly the helmet I've spent a year looking for. I highly recommend them.