Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy Lo Wobble

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Dooderhead
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1800 miles on my Lo, and no wobble, but a distinct 'clunk' sound when the front tire hit a bump. Took it to the dealer (Killer Creek, Alpharetta GA) and they repacked the neck bearings and tried to charge $85 for that. I spoke to the service manager about it and he told me not to worry about it

No more 'clunking' now!

Old 09-08-2010, 01:59 PM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by suprdave04
I too have a slight wobble under decel right around the 30 to 50mph mark.

I've got 7200 miles on mine now... wonder if my dealer will cover it under warranty...

btw.. I've bought the bike in Mar with only 3 miles on it.....
You're almost to the 10K service anyway. If it's not too bad yet, hold off till the service and MAKE SURE you SPECIFICALLY TELL THEM to check the neck bearings during the service.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:13 PM
suprdave04
Advanced

thanks JBG... Think i'll just wait until my 10,000 ..

Old 09-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Youngneg
Tourer

Hello, new to the forum.....bin monitoring it for a while.Test drove a 2010 lo today,felt a little rumbling in the rear,like you where running over small rumble strips,bout not all the time,could have bin the new pavement ,very well balanced....coming from a v-star witch was shaft driven....well the let the negotiations begin....the dealer will budge a little on the 2010 but not much on the 2011......i like the idea of ABS breaks....Thanks people! so much info on this forum

Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM
flewusn
6th Gear
Smile Wobble update

Took the FB Lo back to the dealer and described the wobble to them and they adjusted the fall away and she is good as new. While in for this service, they found a nail in the rear tire and removed replaced the tire. After picking up the bike and riding it home it seems like the rear wheel is a tad bit out of alignment as evidenced by the the front forks/handlebars turned about a degree to the right as I'm riding straight. No pulling or veering, just seems that the rear of the bike is at a very slight angle to the path of the front wheel. Maybe I need to ride with one eye closed! Other than that I still love my Fat Boy Lo...

Old 02-04-2011, 10:34 PM
2wheels6strings
Stage II

I'm picking up on the theme here. I've had the wobble checked out for my 1K service, and it was fixed. About 500 miles later, it was back again. I have it in storage for the winter and it should be fixed by the time it comes out. I picked up the extended warranty, and they still say they're going to charge me to fix it. I told them to go fish with the charges... 2010 Fatboy Lo... How many instances do they need to issue a free recall/fix..??

Old 02-05-2011, 12:24 AM
eisterd
Road Captain

does anybody own a torque wrench? that's all need for this. takes a couple min. keep it greased too.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Purplesky
Tourer

I guess when I buy my brand new Lo I will buy a wrench also and keep it greased to tighten any loose **** after riding it. WTF!

The Lo is at the top of my list and this kind of sucks.

Sounds like HD should offer a fix if so many owners are having problems.

Atleast tell the stealers to fix the damn bikes under warranty and quit trying to nickel and dime customers that just spent $17,000 for a motorcyle in a crap economy.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:19 AM
eisterd
Road Captain

once it's seated it shouldn't be a problem but, they should just adjust it for ya till then.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:24 AM
09fatboyaz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by WoodsHog
Sounds like the neck bearings need adjusted.Supposed to be part of the1000 mile service.If the dealer did your 1000 mile service,then they didn't check the fall away and should do it for free.Same thing happened to me.They took care of it,no charge.
that was my wobble issue.. quick (free) adjustment and no more wobble

Quick Reply: Fat Boy Lo Wobble