Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do Forward Controls belong on a Fatboy
Yes, adds character
35.26%
No, takes away from classic FLSTF
37.18%
Don't care
27.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: do forward controls belong on a Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 11:48 PM
sig
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just took the floorboards off today, doing a complete change on my Fatboy. I thought it would look better, sometimes comfort comes in second place

Old 01-24-2011, 12:25 AM
2 Dogs
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's all about your own preference. I like the boards and I'm 6'1", they are comfortable to me. On long rides if I need to stretch I just put my feet on the Lindbar guard I have. I know a lot of people don't like the engine guards but I do...but I think that is another thread! Post some pixs when you make your choice.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:41 AM
FLSTF
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NCTURBOS
Guys/Gals with FatBoys or Heritage's w/forward controls?

Can you post up pictures of your kickstands, especially installed in the "up" position?

I "test installed" my new kickstand tonight, it bolts through the forward controls into the frame, and I don't like the way it contacts the primary when in the "up" position.

Thanks much,

K.
Hey NC, I kept the stock kickstand when I switched to forwards. Took the kickstand off my floorboards and put it on the forwards. I'm a little special needs when it comes to posting pics in a thread though. If you send me a PM wiyh your e-mail I can take a couple of pics in the driveway today and send them that way.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:15 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

If anyone switched over to Forwards on an Evo softail (Fatboy, Heritage Softail, Heritage Springer) and has the Floorboard set up sitting around collecting dust, I'm looking for some.

Send me PM..

Old 01-24-2011, 08:58 AM
sig
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hspring03
If anyone switched over to Forwards on an Evo softail (Fatboy, Heritage Softail, Heritage Springer) and has the Floorboard set up sitting around collecting dust, I'm looking for some.

Send me PM..
John, you have a message

Old 01-27-2011, 11:46 AM
NCTURBOS
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSTF
Hey NC, I kept the stock kickstand when I switched to forwards. Took the kickstand off my floorboards and put it on the forwards. I'm a little special needs when it comes to posting pics in a thread though. If you send me a PM wiyh your e-mail I can take a couple of pics in the driveway today and send them that way.
Sorry for the delay... I've had the Flu all week, and just now getting going again. PM'd ya!

Thanks,

K.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 AM
NCTURBOS
Tourer
Default Update...

Just an update... I installed the Arlen Ness 3" extension blocks on my bike last night. The leg room, and knee angle are much better, so I'm happy there. However, the rear brake master cylinder is now going to be very close to the Heritage front fender when I turn. I'll have to get the bike off the lift this weekend to see how close...

Something else I noticed looking at the bike from the side at approx. 10+ feet away, the bike looks lower and longer than before. Just something appearance wise that the forward controls have added.

K.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:43 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Boards scrape early, it is bad ..but I find it good (I put boards on my FXST and love them), the good news is, you actually get a note before you start hitting the pipes (and that is scary , trust me ).

Boards are also better for longer rides.. and they move my feet into more of a 'mid-control' position which is the new thing in the 'bobber' market.

Now a FB is not really a 'bobber' so it depends on the direction you are taking your bike.. I say try, enjoy it, and there is one thing we can not avoid, rolling back our own changes. for example, I went with 2" above fork on my bike, before I went back to 2" under !.. sometimes you have to get it wrong first, to get it right

Old 02-19-2011, 11:04 PM
NCTURBOS
Tourer

Well... Rolled the bike back on the lift today to check the clearance on the turning radius, and the fender hits the rear brake master cylinder. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with it right now, but I'm going to start spending time putting the motor back together for now.

K.

Attached Thumbnails Poll: do forward controls belong on a Fatboy-02-18-11-002.jpg  
Old 02-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Sadthorn
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boards, as the other folks here have mentioned. More fun to ride, I love scrapin' mine and annoying the hell outta my friends as they watch the sparks fly on curvy roads. Going to need to buy some used ones soon though, I turn sharper to my right than my left......

Quick Reply: Poll: do forward controls belong on a Fatboy