Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated Bike...Wheels/Apes/Pipes/PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Springer95
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love that bike. Looks perfect. Nice!

Old 08-16-2010, 07:16 PM
LRHD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apes vs Beach Bars???

BlknChrme-

I have an 08 that looks similar and I am interested in installing beach bars. You posted that the beach bars caused sholder pain. Would you recommend not getting them?

Thanks

Lance

Attached Thumbnails Updated Bike...Wheels/Apes/Pipes/PICTURES-08-harley-1.jpg  
Old 08-16-2010, 09:27 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LRHD
BlknChrme-

I have an 08 that looks similar and I am interested in installing beach bars. You posted that the beach bars caused sholder pain. Would you recommend not getting them?

Thanks

Lance
One thing i've learned about bars is that everyones riding style/preference is different. Some people might think that "beachbars" are the most comfy bars around, as i had no problems with them as my bike is mostly a bar hopper. But after doing a few longer rides the beachbars caused me back pain in between the soulder blades. Mostly i think because i had the bars shoved downward. And that gave me a awkward arm/hand position. I would say anything longer than a 30 minute ride i would definatley feel something...discomfort...Don't get me wrong i like the style of wide/shoved down/nice lines beachbars. Also another thing i had because of my bars width was what you can call "the sail in the wind effect"...after about 70 mph i would get a shake with both hands on the bars. Then i would let go with a hand and the shake would go away! Wierd!!!

So to answer your question...... you already have apes on your bike so why not change it up. You can always put those apes or what ever back on. The two brands of beachbars i like are BurlyBrand 38"and CycleSmith's 40"

I did a 300 mile ride yesturday with the apes and had no discomfort at all. Or shake!

I've had already had 4 different bars on my bike since i bought it new. So i'm gonna be stayen with these apes for a while, as i find them to be the most comfortable/stylish so far. I like wide bars...beachbars or apes! And my apes are wider than my beachbars were...

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 08-16-2010 at 09:46 PM.