Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated Bike...Wheels/Apes/Pipes/PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Here is what my bike looked like way back when.

Memories of the past...

Drew

Old 08-12-2010, 12:49 PM
OS_DELUXE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Either way, Beachbars or Apes, you still have one badazz sled bro

Old 08-12-2010, 01:11 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanx for the compliments fellas!!! Im really diggen the different look to my bike. I went to a few bike nites last nite and the bike was a magnet for sure. The first thing out of everyones mouth was "look at those pipes"...lol...

Old 08-12-2010, 01:44 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by stratplexi
pimp !!!
It was after looken at your bike with that set-up that i decided to go with DNA/Avon...The dealer re-spaced that rear wheel and the Avon 150 fits perfectly under the rear fender with no rubbing at all. I was gonna go with a American Wire Wheel 40 spoke up front but they wanted 6 weeks to make the wheel + another week for shipping. Screw that!!! I recieved my wheel package through DNA in 4 days. But still waiting on my SS pulley as the 66 tooth is on back order for a couple more weeks. YOWZA!

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
Also be prepared for a lot of comments on the pipes.
I definatley see what your talking about. 9 out of every 10 people last commented on those pipes. Its funny i had those 28.5" before and never recieved that reaction.

Originally Posted by Malingerer
Stellar bro stellar !!! The 14 inch apes look like the perfect size.Just enough height to have that fist in the wind look and still be very comfortable.Great job
Yep the bars actually are the perfect hieght for me. Im 5'10" and the top of my knuckles are at my mouth. I think its the combo of the low Lepera that brings my hands so high. I have noticed i have 0% back strain with this set-up. They are comfy.

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 08-12-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

wow man. it looks phenomenal. i think my next bike is gonna be a deluxe. excellent job

Old 08-13-2010, 01:02 PM
hog4mango
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a difference the apes make.. NICE Touch... (So. Cal. look all the way!!)

Good Job..

Attached Thumbnails Updated Bike...Wheels/Apes/Pipes/PICTURES-dsc02607.jpg  
Old 08-13-2010, 01:31 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hog4mango
What a difference the apes make.. NICE Touch... (So. Cal. look all the way!!)

Good Job..
Thanx man! Im from NOR-CAL and currently liven in Kansas City.....Last year i never spotted another Deluxe/Heritage/simular with even a 21" wheel up front with a FL fender. This year now i've seen 3 other bikes other than mine with it. The Cali stlye is spreaden....

Old 08-13-2010, 01:47 PM
DocJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KC, eh? I'll be up there in the later part of September. I'll have to keep an eye out for an exquisite looking motorcycle!

Looks GREAT! I personally like the mirrors where they are on your bike. To me, if you have chrome, the mirrors go up. If you are blacking it out, then down. Personal preference, but it seems wrong to me to see chromed out bikes with the mirrors down. That is, unless the bars are 18" or more...But, if you like them there, and can see everything, leave 'em.

I know you probably have this posted elsewhere, but how much did you lower the front end of your bike? The pipes look great. I'm afraid I couldn't pull that off after lowering the rear. I don't like slanted pipes. Good choice going to the long pipes. They really do stand out!

Old 08-13-2010, 04:55 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cali style is like a freaking virus...once it gets recognition, it spreads like wildfire.

Excellent job with the bike...now your looking like a boulevard scraping lowrider bike!

Big Brother...

and Little Brother...

Old 08-13-2010, 05:34 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DocJ
KC, eh? I'll be up there in the later part of September. I'll have to keep an eye out for an exquisite looking motorcycle!

Looks GREAT! I personally like the mirrors where they are on your bike. To me, if you have chrome, the mirrors go up. If you are blacking it out, then down. Personal preference, but it seems wrong to me to see chromed out bikes with the mirrors down. That is, unless the bars are 18" or more...But, if you like them there, and can see everything, leave 'em.

I know you probably have this posted elsewhere, but how much did you lower the front end of your bike? The pipes look great. I'm afraid I couldn't pull that off after lowering the rear. I don't like slanted pipes. Good choice going to the long pipes. They really do stand out!

And yep im gonna leave my mirrors just the way the are. I've been looken at a zillion pics of other bike with thier mirrors flipped and the style looks good to me either way. So maybe when i get tired of the look that i got i will flip them. For some reason i like how the style of the stock mirrors looks. Bikes down in front about -2"
Originally Posted by JayDee5150
Cali style is like a freaking virus...once it gets recognition, it spreads like wildfire.

Excellent job with the bike...now your looking like a boulevard scraping lowrider bike!

Big Brother...

and Little Brother...

Nice JayDee!!! Always a good eye you got....thanx for the comps!

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 08-13-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Updated Bike...Wheels/Apes/Pipes/PICTURES