Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else hit the road this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:55 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anyone else hit the road this weekend?

I am leaving DFW tomorrow and heading up into the Arbuckle Mountains in west Oklahoma, we plan to put about 10 hours or riding in round trip. I've heard the mountains are really pretty, especially for Oklahoma. Anyway, me and three buddies are heading out about 6:30am. It will be the first long ride since installing the apes, I can't wait.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Arbuckle Mountains

Dude! Don't tell me this while it's raining here and crappy and foggy and I can't go ride!
Have fun and bring back pics!

Old 09-04-2006, 12:57 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Arbuckle Mountains

Well due to rain in West Oklahoma we opted to head Northeast. We left at 7am on Saturday and headed up from DFW to Whitesboro and picked up a buddy. We then headed east through south Oklahoma to Brokenbow and then turned north to Talihena. We went on a 50 mile scenic ride over the tops of the Ozarks up to the Melina lodge. There was a tone of bikes on the mountain road. By 5:00pm we were 7 hours from home so we decided to start heading back. We stopped about 7:30pm and had a steak before making the rest of the trip. I pulled into my garage at approx. midnight. Needless to say I am still sore but I had a blast. After 15 hours and 700 miles I can honestly say I had a great bonding experience with my Fatboy. I think part of my backside is still on the seat. I would do it again next weekend.

By the way, the apes were great, they were so much more comfortable than my stock bars on previous trips.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:54 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Anyone else hit the road this weekend?

I guess everyone else stayed indoors all weekend, or maybe your still out today.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:14 PM
AFHOG
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took a ride this weekend. I was trying to take advantage of the kids and my fiancee being gone. It worked out well. 300 miles on Sat and 400 on Sun.

I headed up to Tfton, GA to have the dealer fix a couple of screw ups that they did the day before and headed south from there. I rode down 111 and hit Tallahassee and then took Highway 90 and 6 to Jessup, FL. I then returned on hiway 41 back to Valdosta. Highway 6 and 90 is a long semi straight rode but has a lot of horse ranches.

After a ton of motrin for the back, I took off again Sunday for a 400 mile round trip to Columbus, GA. I had excellent weather both days except for a short blast of rain Sunday.

So, my first weekend with my new scooter made me wonder why I didn't buy one several years ago. The enjoyment was phenomenal. Now, I need to find a different freaking seat. After the 4th hour, my back is starting to tell me that I'm not 16 anymore.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For you (with the studs).. Mustang Wide Studded Solo and matching rear seat. That would be one to look at.

I washed my bike.. does that count? [:'(][][&o]

Old 09-05-2006, 07:24 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,106 Likes on 5,313 Posts

The solution to your aching back, my friend,

Mustang Part #79120 (seat and backrest); 79130 (rear seat); 79057 (sissy bar pad). Best price: discountcycleparts.com

Your butt and back will thank you.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Wayward Son
Road Master

Had to work Monday at a site about 105 miles from the house. It was my longest ride yet (just got the bike), and I sure could use more room to stretch my arms. Good ride, though. I was thinking about apes as my next mod. What brand/model of bars do you have and how tall are they? What cable lengths did you have to get?

Old 09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Had a great Labor Day weekend. But the weather was pretty lousy. So on Saturday and Sunday I did the next best thing to riding... drink beer But Monday turned out decent and we hit the road for a nice 6 hours of riding here in beautiful Western PA. Sure felt good to get out. I had hoped for the whole weekend so I was really happy to get some in on Monday!

Old 09-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

Virtually no rain here in the rainy city (Seattle) for several months. We had temps in the low to mid 80's this weekend. The wife and I did a short trip up to the islands on Sunday and toured around the small towns in the foothills of the Cascade mountains on Monday.

Quick Reply: Anyone else hit the road this weekend?