Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else hit the road this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 11:14 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone else hit the road this weekend?

Put on 250 miles+ on the new '06 Standard over the holiday weekend (I'm over 1,000 now) It was a tad cold on Sat. but got real nice on Sun/ Mon. Myself and a co-worker on a '05 Train left out of Denver monday and headed up into the Rockies for some twisties (Golden Gate Canyon road among others) and then dropped back down to Central City for what turned out to be a wallet-emptying run on the slot machines. Had a GREAT ride!

Old 09-05-2006, 11:22 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did the SC rally.........Got on the bikes Fri at 7:30 am Sat in SC got maybe 100 in, on the bikes all day Sun, Mon, and Tues!!!!!!!!! Rain on and off but, only got really wet once. Love NC and TN and the little I saw of SC!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Fatboy2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had to work...

Old 09-06-2006, 12:26 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

They are Buffalo Bars from Drag Specialties. They are 1 1/4 inch in diameter and 12.5" tall. THe pull back is very nice and the chrome finish is great. They are $99.00 if you order through Zanotti's. A lot better priced than the Wild1 Chubby's and have almost identical rise, pullback, and width. My cables are Barnett and are +6 for clutch, throttle, and idle. My brake line kit is HD +6. I am very happy with everything. I ordered it all through Zanotti's for approx. $300.00 including shipping and did the work myself. A great deal from what I have found. Good luck.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:26 AM
draperjojo
Intermediate

We rode our 04 Heritage Soft tail Classic from Salt Lake City to Durango Colorado, up to Silverton, over to Ouray crossing Red Mountain Pass @ 11,018' and down to Telluride. From there to Moab Utah and back to Salt Lake. Nice trip!!!

Old 09-06-2006, 02:34 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,865 Likes on 808 Posts

Went to Toronto to visit family. Put about 700 miles on this weekend, but the weather sucked, so I only rode Friday and Monday, heheheh...

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 09-06-2006, 06:53 PM
800XC SP
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you can call this hitting the road; saturday after waxing the pickup and doing lawn work, my wife and I hopped on our bikes and took a little hundred mile ride around n.e. wi. about 40 miles b/4 we got home I pulled off and asked if she wanted to swap bikes, of course she said yes and jumped on my heritage and I jumped on her 883C. Let me tell you I have a new found respect for her driving that bike, I couldn't wait to get home and get off it. Anyway, pulled into the driveway and my son walks out, he was leaving to go back to college in the morning and see's his mom on my bike and says can I take it for a ride? He's been through the MSF course 3 years ago and rides his mom's bike so I say sure, so I get another 25 miles on the 883C with a badlander seat. Back on topic Sunday moved him and his stuff back to college, Monday the weatherman called for rain all day so I decided to get going on the finishing trim for the lower level of the house project I have going on seeing how it was going to rain, decided to quit staining wood at 5:00 p.m. monday and it didn't rain a drop[:@]all day. That's my hitting the road this weekend, pretty lame I know, this new house has seriously cut into my riding time this summer but I keep telling myself if I get it all done now, next summer will be nothin but ridin

Old 09-06-2006, 10:43 PM
NiteTrain05
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Saturday morning 3 of us rolled outa Havasu (it was a brisk 102 degrees) up to Kingman to pick up 2 more bikes, then out old Rte. 66 to Williams with a 1 beer stop off at the Black Cat in Seligman. We no more then got off the bikes and checked into our hotel when the skys opened and a soggy monsson storm hit. We walked to a few bars around there Sat. night then Sunday morning headed to the HArley dealer and Road House bar & grill in Belmont. Then it was on down the valley to Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona and finally back up the mountain to stay in one of the haunted hotels in Jerome. Monday morning we headed up over the top of Mingus mountain in to Prescott Valley, then back out to I-40 just long enough to where old 66 (disguised as Crookton rd.) meets the interstate then back to the Black Cat, Kingman and home to Havasu. It was only about 600 miles total but a great trip, good weather and truly great friends to ride with.
Chuck

Old 09-07-2006, 12:58 AM
hdsd05
Advanced

Left Indy Fri. morn. rode to Ripley, W.V. Rode all day Sat. Changed plans on Sun. and rode to Pitsburgh from Ripley. Left Ripley and rode back to Indy on Mon. Total mi. 1426 Great ride, good weather, super friends.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Wayward Son
Road Master

Thanks for the info Warg. Nice bike.

Quick Reply: Anyone else hit the road this weekend?