Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Cruise Arm

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:31 PM
bamf
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakyn Cruise Arm

https://www.hdforums.com/photo.asp?p...=6&apage=1

This is the picture of the bracket, you can see that it doesn't line up, so that's the issue I'm having. if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:04 AM
PaFatboy
Tourer

Guys:
I put the MK IV's on my bike about a month or so ago, I didn't seem to have an issue with the bolts being any different from one side to the other. I did a pre-assemble on my bench then placed them on the bike kind of loosely, after I was happy with the position I tighened everything up. Best money I've spent on the bike so far. Well, maybe the new Mustang seat was, the stock seat SUCKED AZZ.

The pictures below aren't with all the latest changes on the bike......

Old 06-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Mayfair
Tourer

I was actually thinking about getting those a year or so ago but I never heard any feed back on them so I passed.
What ... is the 2 different models now? One regular and one with an extended reach?
Do they offer tham with different pegs now? I seem to remember them only comming with the fat o-ring style peg.
Are they still about $250.00?

Old 06-17-2007, 04:27 PM
PaFatboy
Tourer

Mayfair:

You should have gotten a PM on this by now, hope this clears things up, dig down and get them!!!

Old 06-18-2007, 03:18 AM
Big_Wheel
4th Gear

Could you PM me that info also please...would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:14 AM
forvols
Advanced

I got the MK IV about 2 months ago. Great look had the same problem as everyone else on the right with brake pedal (not enough room). After reading another post on here I took the rear brake pad off and cut the mounting bracket back about a .5 to .75 in. reinstalled the brake pedal pad got lots more room on the right side now. This also did not cause any pedal access issue using the rear brake. So the MK IV (extended) and cutting back the rear brake pedal pad mount was a very comfy mod. CUDOS to the member that did this and posted on it.

Tony

Old 06-23-2007, 03:02 AM
Big_Wheel
4th Gear

Hey Tony........So you just chopped off a little bit of the right side of the brake pedal under the pad which allows you to move the pad to the left? Does this create any fitment problems with the pad afterwords? Thanks

Mike

Old 06-23-2007, 08:35 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

I luv'em

Old 06-23-2007, 08:55 AM
forvols
Advanced

Mike,

That is correct. The bolt that holds the pad is long enough once you take the nut off, to set the pad and bolt back in the slot and slide it to the left. I did that used a marker down the right edge of the pad to get the curve on the mount. Then use a grinder to cut along the line. There were no adverse effects on fitment of pad or being able to adjust the pad left(toward engine) or right(away from engine). Gotta echo again, little mod but huge on right side comfort for cruise arms use or not. I now also have better access to just the floorboard. No issues in using the brake after mod either. CUDOS To (I think) PaFATBOY for posting how toon this.

Tony

Old 06-29-2007, 06:46 AM
spike95
Road Master

On Kuryakyn's site it says the Mark IIIs won't fit a Deluxe. Anyone know the story there? Obviously, two people here have them on their Deluxes.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Cruise Arm