Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay scam ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 12:46 PM
krank08
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay scam ??

As i have previously posted i have 3 bikes and decided to list them on ebay and figured the first 2 to sell would make my decision for me on what to keep. Any how a day after my auctions ended i checked to see the progress of some auctions for the same bikes as mine and low and behold there she is ebay, (item #330455470299) a beautiful 2003 gun metal blue heritage springer. My bike,yes, mine! Some one is using my picture and trying to sell a bike based on it. I sent the guy a messege requesting more pictures but no reply as of yet. So how does this scam work, assuming it is a scam? Is nothing secrete anymore?

Old 07-30-2010, 01:09 PM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should contact eBay and let them know.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:16 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Happens every day.....The scam artist lift pictures and create fake ads.

Report the ad to ebay security

**** Edit****

Are you crazy for selling the Heritage Springer????? Don't do it..... lol

Old 07-30-2010, 01:16 PM
sammer4u
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by krank08
As i have previously posted i have 3 bikes and decided to list them on ebay and figured the first 2 to sell would make my decision for me on what to keep. Any how a day after my auctions ended i checked to see the progress of some auctions for the same bikes as mine and low and behold there she is ebay, (item #330455470299) a beautiful 2003 gun metal blue heritage springer. My bike,yes, mine! Some one is using my picture and trying to sell a bike based on it. I sent the guy a messege requesting more pictures but no reply as of yet. So how does this scam work, assuming it is a scam? Is nothing secrete anymore?
They are all over.. Check any used bike, ATV, boat market on the internet... I played with a guy for about three days over a nice looking ATV, and kept asking for more specific questions about it (had one but was older and knew where and what to look for) and he could not tell me and would not send additional pictures because the machine was in the shipping yard in NY waiting in storage to ship out since he was over seas in Paris (I believe) for work. However his wife was here in the states getting ready to leave as she was selling all the non-movable items... After the first day I figured it a scam and he wanted money wired via Western Union to a company that was handling the shipping and contract for sale.. The money would be released to him until I was satisfied in the machine. I could not see it in person as it was ready to ship at the shipyard in storage was the story. He did slip up twice in the three day conversation, since I am sure he was working a few people at the same time. Not sure how they get away with it, but I am sure that there are few suckers out there (unfortunately) giving those people money and getting burned! I think you can actually turn them into the FBI or local police or something.. it was fun to play with him and watch he get more frustrated with the technical questions I was asking for and he obviously had no clue what to say or know anything about what he was selling... They advertise a fairly new machine cheap because they supposedly have to "sell" it since they are overseas and waiting their spouse to join them once the goods are gone...

Last edited by sammer4u; 07-30-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:29 PM
tc1816
Tourer

You should report them whenever you come across a situation like that. My buddy had a similar experience on cycletrader. He was selling a bike for $2000 and the "potential buyer" said he was in england and he would mail him a check for $10,000 and my friend should ship him the bike and wire back $8,000! my friend messed with him for a few days and never heard from him again.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:30 PM
harley_badboy
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Scams like this are very common on Craigslist as well. Snowmobiles, bikes and even apartments. They usually can't show you amything as it in a crate ready to be shipped or the owner is a missionary in Africa. They barely speak English.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:35 PM
krank08
Intermediate

"Are you crazy for selling the Heritage Springer????? Don't do it..... lol" HSPRING03. I think I have a buyer for my 08 screaming eagle springer and my wife hates my vrod so now I start thinkink about mods to the heritage springer. Any way it goes I will still have a graet bike

Old 07-30-2010, 01:43 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Do the mods....

You know you only have 1 of 430 produced......

Old 07-30-2010, 02:13 PM
tombeving
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every time someone finds a scam like this it should be posted on the forum so we can flood these ******** with about 300 e-mails.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Check out his eBay feedback... sounds like a Yahoo....
You need to send a message to eBay security before he bamboozles someone!

CC

Quick Reply: Ebay scam ??