Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay scam ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 11:45 PM
kiwifulla
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whan buying off ebay i always get them to do something like a thumbs up in the picture with the bike and send that to me and normally only buy for bike shops with great feedback , i have brought 6 harleys to ship to australia and have not had a problem yet (touch wood). and ring them and talk and if they dont answer all the right questions walk away , plenty more bikes out there.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:11 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

when they tell me the bike is in another place or country i send back "No problem, I have a friend in Law enforcement who said he would be glad to go pick it up for me"

Old 08-01-2010, 03:08 PM
varcoman12
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

happens all to often deal locally if you can with craigslist. Everyone report a seller if they are scamin asap.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hspring03
Happens every day.....The scam artist lift pictures and create fake ads.

Report the ad to ebay security

**** Edit****

Are you crazy for selling the Heritage Springer????? Don't do it..... lol

x2 on all counts

dude seriously keep the springer once its gone -its -well its gone

put a pic that has you in it and that wont happen again .using a sweet pic is to generic and can be copied to another ad.personalize it and its yours only..thats what i do

Last edited by colonelangus1; 08-01-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:51 AM
ShadowOSMC
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I had someone almost get me with a Heritage off of Craigslist. They said they were using Ebay Financial Services as a third party for the money transaction. They sent me this really nice and professional looking invoice titled Ebay Financial Services and had a representatives name on it and all the information with pics and insurance. All I had to do was wire the money to blah, blah and Ebay would hold the check and the bike would be shipped to me for inspection and If I liked it all I would do is contact Ebay and give the go ahead and the money would be released and the bike would be mine. If I didnt like it just send it back, no charge to me. In reality there is no such thing as Ebay Financial Services. and Ebay only offers there services to actual Ebay auctions so if you wire the money, its gone and nothing ever shows at your door step. There is a couple of web sites that you can report scams that you find. One is Ripoff.com and there are others. they usually keep up to date on the latest scams out there. Always deal locally if you can. Never wire or transfer funds. Never take a check or money order. They are now forging Money Orders from banks. Cash only!
I felt really stupid for even thinking that I had found a great deal, If its to good to be true....