Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hmmm.. Not bad for a (not)softail...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:00 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hmmm.. Not bad for a (not)softail...

You night train guys might appreciate this one.. I did the little custom order setup and dialed in a Victory Jackpot (200 rear tire, 100 inch, 6 speed standard) and dressed it up in black. Whata ya think? I'm rooting for them to give H-D a little good ole' American competition so they stay on their toes and build great bikes at proper prices and not get caught up in selling so much junk and t-shirts.. It's about the product.. If the product ain't up to the competition, the lifestyle is a farse...

Anyway, I'm glad there's another American company doing something with bikes...

Enjoy...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3244/3B03564FDB934D1B950B8D9BF246417B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-31-2006, 05:10 PM
skullandcircle
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hmmm.. Not bad for a (not)softail...

I just wished Victory wouldn't use Arlen Ness as their designer. Never have liked his stuff.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Firefox
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea right. I don't think so. Not even close.
Try harder Polaris

Old 08-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Interesting response..

I'm open that I'm rooting for them but I do say there's a lot they need to consider in their designs to improve.. but what's your major objection to the bike?

Also given the attempt here to look like a night train was my doing in their custom order shop, not necessarily Vic's.. What I was after was just to color up a cool looking bike in general and discovered I liked the blacked out look on their bikes best I think.. Same with the vegas, except I like the silver color and cast engine color better.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks kinda like a shadow to me, I like the looks of this one better.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:29 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Like customs? Here ya go...
The site is http://www.mbwmotorcycle.com/html/phat_vegas.html
I wouldn't be ashamed of this scoot by no means.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3244/FC14B94C1FA94968BDD2CA4E9C72444A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a nice looking bike....but it's not a Harley and never will be. As your riding it, every time a Harley goes by, you'll be rubbernecking.
I looked at Victory before I bought a Harley, the salesman convinced me to buy a Harley when he admitted that the resale value sucks.
Also, there dealers are far and few between, and the aftermarket racks are empty.

I'll take another hat and t-shirt please.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Mrkicks
It's a nice looking bike....but it's not a Harley and never will be. As your riding it, every time a Harley goes by, you'll be rubbernecking.
Probably if you haven't owned one before. To me.. I've owned two.. they're like *****.. seen two you've seen 'em all.. well almost I still rubberneck at those, but more discreetly so as not to get slapped.

ORIGINAL: Mrkicks
I looked at Victory before I bought a Harley, the salesman convinced me to buy a Harley when he admitted that the resale value sucks. Also, there dealers are far and few between, and the aftermarket racks are empty.
I'll take another hat and t-shirt please.
True all.. The dealer in my area had an old metal building.. he closed. Aftermarket seems to be growing though.. but on the t-shirts.. if one more relative gives me one more H-D t-shirt I'm going to scream. hehehe On resale value, with all the stuff H-D is doing to the new bikes and now no more waiting on order for a year but ride out today, our two or three year old H-D bikes aren't the certified pre-owned gems on the market they once were.. regardless of the sparkle they put in our eyes. But yeah resale is abismal I'll bet with Victory.. unless you hunt down another victory fan.

I dunno.. a bunch of guys one night got to looking at a vegas and a softail standard side by side infront of hooters.. we all had mixed emotions about just visual comparisons and perceptions.. There's positives and negatives in both.. but both are dang fun to ride.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Akitakoi

Looks kinda like a shadow to me, I like the looks of this one better.

hehe Thanks.. I am kinda partial to that one as well.
Can't decide on anything to do to it..
my motto was "the old one looked good but was a clunker. I bought this one to ride."

Old 08-31-2006, 08:44 PM
wingnutt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before I bought my 06 softail standard I had to give the Victory a try. Nothing they had could have swayed my decision to buy Harley. I just wanted to see what they were all about. I rode the Vegas Jackpot and the Dresser ( dont recall what the model was called ) I got to admit, not a bad ride, plenty of power, and a nice smooth ride. But its not a Harley, and never will be. And I kind of like my collection of H.D. t shirts.

Quick Reply: hmmm.. Not bad for a (not)softail...