Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Good To Be True?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 02:00 AM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
i have a 1000 bucks wanna trade for 10000...is free...lol
Ok, send me the $1000 and I'll send you back 10 G's once I've cashed your check - I promise I will.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:56 AM
James Riley
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see these ads all the time on craigs list i email em for fun and they are out of state and want to ship the bike to you.....come on think about it, a new bike for 5700...please...im wondering if your the scam...pffft
I'm wondering why you would say something like that? Come on, think about it. You just said you see ads like that all the time on Craigslist, so I report one here and you wonder if I'm the scammer? Sounds like a break down in your reading and reasoning skills to me.

Anyway, if anyone cares, he has not responded to my request for photos or specs that he volunteered to provide. He calls himself "Jason Lewis" and his e-mail is Jason Lewis <plu75dn@msn.com> Says he is in Kansas City, MO with the bike. He either read this thread or figured I was on to him. However, I said nothing that would indicate I knew he was up to anything so I don't know why he dropped it.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:46 AM
BioMek
Advanced

i did a search and found the same ad posted in a Seaford Delaware newspaper classifides as well as finding another Bike forum talking about the exact same ad a few weeks ago.

the original guy who made that post over there came back and reposted this..

I don't know... I've exchanged a few emails with the guy. Says he wants to use yahoo finance for the purchase. That he has a sick brother and wants to sell so that he can focus on meeting his family's needs. He sent pics of the bike, vin number and all. What think ye? Is this a proven scam? If it isn't, it is a very sweet deal...
Which makes it even more questionable because in all honesty, if the guy needed the money that bad, i'm sure he could easily find any local stealer in the KC area that would gladly pay $5,700 to turn a profit on it thus perpetuating their stealer mentality LOL

Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

I saw one for a Hayabusa in Sacramento craigslist. I wrote back saying I was the procurment officer for Sac PD and we wanted it for a pursuit bike. Never heard back...

Old 07-30-2010, 04:04 PM
BioMek
Advanced

Originally Posted by bjewell
I saw one for a Hayabusa in Sacramento craigslist. I wrote back saying I was the procurment officer for Sac PD and we wanted it for a pursuit bike. Never heard back...
ok that's some funny sh*t there man!

Old 07-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member

I think what DyNaBoB meant to say is that he has seen similar scams on Craigs List

Nobody wants to see someone else get screwed....
I would bet my left nut that this is a scam...

There is another thread that was started today about an eBay scam-
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ebay-scam.html
take a look...

CC

Old 07-30-2010, 11:40 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheesecake
I think what DyNaBoB meant to say is that he has seen similar scams on Craigs List

Nobody wants to see someone else get screwed....
I would bet my left nut that this is a scam...

There is another thread that was started today about an eBay scam-
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ebay-scam.html
take a look...

CC

plus 1 there cheese...thats wut i meant....but wuz wondering why someone would post about an offer like that, are you for real...come on get a clue......lol....cl always has deals like that...lol....hell you cant buy a new honda that cheap...but somebody paid cash and paid off an 08 and has clear title and want to loose there *** off cuzz they want to help somebody out...lol......why is this thread still going

Last edited by DyNaBoB; 07-30-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep....
I guess everyone should have told him to jump on the deal.....
Then in a few weeks he would be wining and moaning about how he got screwed...

CC

Old 07-31-2010, 09:12 AM
James Riley
Tourer

but wuz wondering why someone would post about an offer like that, are you for real...come on get a clue......lol....
The answer to your question is found in analytical and critical reading comprehension skills: My very first post which started this thread answered your question. I said: "I'm no expert because I've just started looking, but does this sound right? . . . Thank you in advance for your comments."

So you see, I've never owned a bike in my life and still don't. I'm thinking about a Harley. You tell me to get a clue. I came HERE to get a clue. I got it, from some people. So I guess I came to the right place. Maybe you would have me go somewhere else. Maybe you would have me do my research with the dealers, or on the street or the school of hard knocks. Tough. I came here. I thought that was what this place was for; getting clues. Rather than choosing to help, you decided to be smart *** about it and question my motives and my intelligence for doing research prior to purchasing something I know very little about. To question me and then suggest the thread should be dead is illogical. But-for you, the thread would have died some time ago.

To those who helped, thank you for the education. I will stand down now and go back to following the Fat Boy Lo thread. Adios.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Man In Black
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bjewell
Careful now, impersonating an officer !

Quick Reply: To Good To Be True?