Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Ride on my new Heritage Classic

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:22 AM
Chips
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya,

I have an '04 FLSTC.....if I had to get another Harley, I 'd get another Heritage Classic.
perfect bike for me,

ride safe and enjoy

Old 07-26-2010, 07:20 AM
03sporty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed, I would buy another Heritage in a heartbeat. As far as heat you can go with Xied's. The richer the bike runs the cooler. It was about 95 here yesterday, and I did about 150 miles no problem. Yes it's hot, but like you said it's hot outside. what do you want. But any fuel management will help with cooling, plus oil cooler as well. Good luck and happy riding.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:32 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For me..being 5'6" and 160lbs...the Heritage is perfect!!!

Here is my 2010 and the 1993 that I sold....

Attached Thumbnails First Ride on my new Heritage Classic-bike_002.jpg  
Old 07-26-2010, 07:48 AM
lencap
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

SeeMeDo -

Nice bike! I had a 2007 Softail Deluxe and I really appreciate the look of the bike. It has all the right lines, without any distractions. But, after owning it for nearly a year, I found that for my riding needs I missed having bags. As someone told me riding a bike without bags is like having pants without pockets. That led me to trying to modify the Deluxe with the optional hard bags for that bike. The problem is that with the exhaust setup on the Deluxe the bags didn't hold very much because of the shape. That, coupled with the very low seat height which didn't allow me much room to lean the bike, tipped me away from the Deluxe.

When I went to find a bagger, I tried the Road King and RK Classic - largely because they have detatchable windshields, a big plus in my book since I ride in very hot summer weather almost daily. The Road King is a great bike, but I preferred the balanced engine in the Softail. So, I had to chose between the Heritage Classic or the Road King classic.

I understand that some find the bags a bit overly styled, and the shape of them makes it less useful than the bags on the base Road King. The RK also has locking bags on the base bike, another plus. Even with the advantages of the RK, I didn't want to give up the ride quality of the Heritage, so that's what I chose. Either would work, but for me it was the Heritage.

Having said all that - I still think the Deluxe is the best looking non bagger Harley makes.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Soft422
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lencap
SeeMeDo -

Nice bike! I had a 2007 Softail Deluxe and I really appreciate the look of the bike. It has all the right lines, without any distractions. But, after owning it for nearly a year, I found that for my riding needs I missed having bags. As someone told me riding a bike without bags is like having pants without pockets. That led me to trying to modify the Deluxe with the optional hard bags for that bike. The problem is that with the exhaust setup on the Deluxe the bags didn't hold very much because of the shape. That, coupled with the very low seat height which didn't allow me much room to lean the bike, tipped me away from the Deluxe.

When I went to find a bagger, I tried the Road King and RK Classic - largely because they have detatchable windshields, a big plus in my book since I ride in very hot summer weather almost daily. The Road King is a great bike, but I preferred the balanced engine in the Softail. So, I had to chose between the Heritage Classic or the Road King classic.

I understand that some find the bags a bit overly styled, and the shape of them makes it less useful than the bags on the base Road King. The RK also has locking bags on the base bike, another plus. Even with the advantages of the RK, I didn't want to give up the ride quality of the Heritage, so that's what I chose. Either would work, but for me it was the Heritage.

Having said all that - I still think the Deluxe is the best looking non bagger Harley makes.
It's all a matter of personal preference. Some would argue that if you take the bags and windshield off the Heritage, you come pretty close to the looks of a Deluxe. Both the Deluxe and the Heritage are great bikes. I love my '08 Heritage and would not trade it for any other bike HD makes right now but that's just me.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior

ah like you say, the heritage classic is one hell of a great bike

Old 07-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Man In Black
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Did a search on that Lenale fan including this forum and seems there's loads of disatisfied customers. So do your research before dropping the $$.
The dissatisfied customers are buying the cheap knock offs thinking they are Lenale because they look the same. Lenale is a good fan and the company is fighting to stop the knockoffs. I have heard plenty of satisfied customers that bought Lenale. Lenale is the original designer of the fan.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM
sodit
Intermediate

Talked to a Harley service guy about the fans, don't waste your money. Just got a 2010, such a sweet ride

Old 07-26-2010, 06:44 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im new to the harley family we bought us a 10 heritage last thursday after a year of deciding which one. We had a v star before and its amazing the difrence in riding this bike. But the heat is for sure an issue. We put a set of lower deflectors on because of the head buffetting, it stoped that almost completly but the heat got even hotter.But all an all i wouldnt take nothing for mine.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:53 PM
pepper lynn
Tourer

Good for you!!! I got 04 classic in the fall. Love it, and like you, this is my bike until I can ride no more. Have fun....

Quick Reply: First Ride on my new Heritage Classic