Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17'' on Fatboy LO too high or kick ass???

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 04:47 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DocJ
They look GREAT!

I'm looking at getting apes this upcoming winter, provided I have the funds for it. I had been trying to decide between 14s and 16s. I am 6'1" as well. Seeing your pic, I think I'm all for the 16s now. Those 17s look perfect for you. I wouldn't change them!

Congratulations!

Now that you have that fender out of the way, might as well get some bigger wheels, eh?
yeah man, if i had gone 14'' i would have regreted it i think... i love they way they feel...

i think my next investment is pipes, cleaner and computer.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:08 PM
DocJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha! That's what I'm looking at doing (potentially) within the next month or so.

So far, it seems that a SERT (Screaming Eagle Race Tuner) is a must. There are other items out there that will do, but I want more than that. Might as well spend the money where it counts.

As far as a cleaner and pipes, there are just way too many items to choose from. I've narrowed my search down to one cleaner (finally) and about 3 different pipes. I'm terrible at making decisions...

My main fear with going to 16s is that supposedly, the springer front-end on my bike lifts the bars up more than on a traditional front-end, like yours. I'm still not settled on whether that is true or not. I've never been able to test out apes on a springer. However, with other bikes, I LOVE the feel of 16s. I'm afraid I'd risk going too high. However, if I can swing the funds, I will definitely go with 16s this winter. I definitely do not want to go too short.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:09 PM
el chivito76
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah second that on nice bars comfortable as can be

Old 08-12-2010, 09:20 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mimo
Pfffttt!!! torn between those two bikes, the Fatty and the Dyna, great looking rides and sweet apes.

Mimo.
somehow, i know what you mean...

so many bikes, so little time