Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy to StreetGlide

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 09:40 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 514 Likes on 358 Posts

I can see doing that.

My only concern would be the height of the (Batwing) fairing on a Softail is higher than a Glide (in relation to the rider). Actually, the rider is down lower. You would have to run lwr deflectors or something, because I'm sure it would be like having twin high powered leaf blowers pointed up at you.
I have sat on a Deluxe and a Heritage that had them. It is RIGHT in front of you. You could run the shorty SG style wind defl on it and it's nose height.

I'd like to try one. I'd probl run one of those Harley "Bra's" on it, at least at first so I could avoid the expense of paint. Plus, it would go with my leather bags.

But yeah, wind protection . . . Tunes on a long ride . . .

DO IT !!!!!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
FATBAGGA
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My fatbagger

Originally Posted by Z06John
Is it reasonable to try and convert an 01 Fatboy to look like a Street glide? I have seen batwings and hard shell bags, what else would you need to do. Is it even possible to do / the Streetglides look like to forks are shorter. Chime in let me know what you guys think.
John it's your bike do what you want. I did the conversion to my fatboy. The fairing was 350.00, bags 250.00 ebay, Cyclevisions brackets to install the bags 280.00, baddad stretched rear fender and bag extensions 500.00. The thing I love about it the most is I get more looks and people talking to me about my custom fatboy than my brother who has a nice tricked out Street glide. Its different and thats what I like. A fatbagger can change in minutes, With no bags and fairing it looks like a fatboy, With the fairing and bags it looks like a street glide and detach the fairing and it looks like a road king.
PM me if you have any questions glad to help.

Fatboy to StreetGlide-img00078-20100808-1039.jpg

Fatboy to StreetGlide-img00080-20100808-1040.jpg

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-14-2011, 09:44 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 514 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by FATBAGGA
John it's your bike do what you want. I did the conversion to my fatboy. The fairing was 350.00, bags 250.00 ebay, Cyclevisions brackets to install the bags 280.00, baddad stretched rear fender and bag extensions 500.00. The thing I love about it the most is I get more looks and people talking to me about my custom fatboy than my brother who has a nice tricked out Street glide. Its different and thats what I like. A fatbagger can change in minutes, With no bags and fairing it looks like a fatboy, With the fairing and bags it looks like a street glide and detach the fairing and it looks like a road king.
PM me if you have any questions glad to help.

Attachment 160471

Attachment 160472
"Chrome will get you laid but won't get you home"
I LIKE That one !!!!

But who wants to get out of a nice warm bed and go home anyways?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:30 PM
04 Fatboy 67
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just finished converting my fatboy....

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy to StreetGlide-fatglide1.jpg   Fatboy to StreetGlide-fatglide2.jpg   Fatboy to StreetGlide-fatglide3.jpg  
Old 08-01-2013, 07:06 AM
sevebou63
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

The bottom line is what do you want? A bike that looks like every other or one you can call your own. My friends get pissed because when people walk by our bikes, mine seems to get all the attention. I've driven SG's RG's and don't find much of a difference other than mine sits lower. Great thing about HD's is you can give it your personality. Last thing I want is to follow everyone else like sheep. You like your Fatboy....then stick with it my friend. It's all preference. I have no prob sinking a few bucks into my Fatboy Lo to make it my own.
Final Note. If you buy a SG or RG you won't be happy with it out of the box. So regardless, you will still put at least 4 to 5 grand into it.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy to StreetGlide-resize.jpg  

Last edited by sevebou63; 08-01-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Photos
Old 08-01-2013, 08:29 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 04 Fatboy 67
just finished converting my fatboy....
Nice! All these fairing softails look great!

I see you have RG in your Avatar pic. Can you compare the two setups, FB with fairing and the RG, at highway freeway speeds - say 60mph+. And how the bars feel, turning, slow and high seeds with a fairing mounted on the forks verses the RG with fairing mounted to frame? Buffeting? And how tall are you?

Just realized this threads a few years old. I guess you have a RG in your avatar cause you sold the softail and got a touring bike...

Last edited by KumaRide; 08-01-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:42 PM
Mazak Trumpf laser god in training's Avatar
Mazak Trumpf laser god in training
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This string is kind of dead.

2013 fatboy lo with 2015 street glide fairing and hard bags.

Mocking up

Old 07-23-2018, 01:43 AM
Bwall77
Intermediate
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Can't give any cost advise for converting, but I bought my first Harley....2011 Fat Boy that had already had fairing, stereo, and hard bags added by previous owner. I was also interested in a street glide, but didn't want to drop the cash they cost for my first bike. Luckily ran across this one while I was deployed and had my father-in-law check it out for me. Was still available when I got back stateside and the deal worked out. Only 12k miles on it and lots of upgrades the original owner paid to have installed. I walked away with all the things I wanted in a street glide on a fat boy. I'm ecstatic with the bike. Wife and I rode from Cabot, AR to Hooks, TX and got to take a short ride with my father-in-law. Priceless....
In the end its your bike brother. If you love the fat boy and don't want a payment on a new bike I say go for it. I have no complaints in the handing or comfort of my bike. Doesn't mean I wont upgrade to a street or road glide some day, but currently I'm happier than a pig in sh*t! Good luck!

Old 08-27-2018, 11:16 PM
Westernguns
Stage II
Default Please help! Trying to convert need a step in the right direction!

im trying to convert my 2012 fat boy lo black denim bike into a street glide look. I’m new to maintenance and what not and want to know what I need to buy ! Can I just google the fairing and buy it rod I need to get a special bracket with that? The bags as well so I need to buy brackets or can I just buy the kits on eBay!? If anyone could send over some links I’d greately appreciate it

Old 03-20-2019, 10:47 PM
DCoxson
Stage I

Opinions vary but I am pretty proud of mine.

Quick Reply: Fatboy to StreetGlide