Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Comfort for Wife :-)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010 | 06:33 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Soft422
Great set-up you have. Do you like the Heritage Tour Pak luggage? Likes, dislikes?
Love it. Goes off and on in a jif and stores more than you'd think. Dislikes: price, price price. Went back and forth over whether to get this or a t-bag but finally decided to close my eyes and drop the $$. Got it online for 20% off. Got the solo rack also which made for a great backrest before I got the Mustang. Wife uses it with the tourpak she has on her Deluxe.

Old 07-15-2010 | 08:00 PM
rinja64
Road Master

I do agree - The first major hurdle is momma wants to ride - Next one is, she MUST be comfortable. I went with the Mustang 14" pillon - She was comfortable - Another suggestion is - Try a gel pad - http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/

If not, do what I did - Rode the Heritage for awhile and then upgraded to an Ultra - She REALLY loves that...by the way, Ultra comes with floor boards so no added cost...
Good luck....

Old 07-15-2010 | 08:31 PM
frogg
Road Warrior

Don't know how these are but--
http://www.buttybuddy.com/index.asp

Old 07-16-2010 | 01:53 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member

I put the harley touring seat for the heritage on both my heritages and my wife is very happy with the added width and comfort. I built a new backrest that angles forward more than stock and puts her in a more upright position which finished the comfort transformation for her. She says it's more comfortable than the couch in front of the tv. Now I'll never get her off it.

Old 07-16-2010 | 06:51 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I had the same problem. Bought my wife the HD studded touring pillion last Christmas. She said it did not help, too flat and too hard. I then bought a Sheep skin gel pad which she says helps significantly.
Also be aware it you install a saggy bag kit the 14" wide touring pillion will only allow your saddle bags to open about 60 or 70 degrees.

Old 07-16-2010 | 09:10 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by PFWiz
I had the same problem. Bought my wife the HD studded touring pillion last Christmas. She said it did not help, too flat and too hard. I then bought a Sheep skin gel pad which she says helps significantly.
Also be aware it you install a saggy bag kit the 14" wide touring pillion will only allow your saddle bags to open about 60 or 70 degrees.
I have the Bossbags kit and it hasn't been a problem with my 14" pillion.

Old 07-16-2010 | 11:01 AM
Twofields6
|
Advanced

Everyone, thanks for the input. I definitely have some ideas now and know that we will find something. Really like the tour pack option but will need to save some money; so probably a winter project.

Wife does have her own but still getting use to it and likes to ride behind me - and is enjoyable for me too :-)

Old 07-16-2010 | 11:55 AM
Soft422
Cruiser
Default Heritage Tour Pak

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Love it. Goes off and on in a jif and stores more than you'd think. Dislikes: price, price price. Went back and forth over whether to get this or a t-bag but finally decided to close my eyes and drop the $$. Got it online for 20% off. Got the solo rack also which made for a great backrest before I got the Mustang. Wife uses it with the tourpak she has on her Deluxe.
Ok, sounds good. That Tour Pak really looks like it belongs on the Heritage. Very nice look. Thanks for your reply.

Old 07-16-2010 | 02:54 PM
Bobby H
Cruiser

Thanks for the thread twofields, I was wondering the same thing and after reading your thread I ordered the 17" Mustang wide touring solo and 14" passenger seat. Just got confirmation that the solo seat is on back order and will take about three weeks before I can get it. Looking forward to it, been checking out the various sites and glued to HDForums for a couple of months now, Mustang just keeps getting more positive feedback than the other seats. $538 includes shipping for the two seats.

Old 07-17-2010 | 06:46 AM
Twofields6
|
Advanced

Glad I was able to help Bobby. Would like to see a pic when you get the seats on.

Quick Reply: Heritage Comfort for Wife :-)