Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe vs Heritage Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006 | 01:16 PM
softail2005
Road Captain
Default RE: Deluxe vs Heritage Bikes

I bought my 05 Deluxe because it was had the lowest seat height, at HD listed 24.5 in. I am 5'6" and its perfect for me, I can have both feet flat on the ground at the stoplight and maintain total control. I found out later when I rented a Heritage that I could handle it just as well.

I depends on what you intend to do with the bike as to which makes more sense. If you are going to take lots of longer trips I would go with the heirtage. They have a better seat, much larger saddlebags which are included, come with the windshield, better handlebars for long term rides and I think a lot better ground clearance/ride. My Deluxe will ground out when riding with my wife on any raised surface. Like a driveway entrance, or a condo entrance gate rail, etc. Wife is a lightweight at 120 and I am about 200 lb.

For crusiing around town and shorter trips the Deluxe looks cool. Handles well and is fun to ride. Many, many people ride them cross country, but that stock seat is a bun buster, in my opinion.

Old 08-30-2006 | 07:31 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: Deluxe vs Heritage Bikes

I've ridden about 2000 miles and have scraped the floorboards once when I needed to tighten up a turn.

Rocky mountian Harley lists the lean angle on the Deluxe as 26° left and 28° right ( http://www.rmh-d.com/models/FLSTN.php) on the Heritage they list the same lean angle (http://www.rmh-d.com/models/FLSTC.php). I had read somewhere else the Deluxe had a 27° lean angle so that about fits.

The bikes are basically the same underneth with the exception that the Deluxe is lower. Handlebars, floorboards, paint styles, etc are different which makes that part a matter of what you like and what fits better. It's all a matter of what you like. The Heritage is the better value with all the extras, the Deluxe is just a sweet looking bike.

If you like the Deluxe and want a Heritage seat the 07 Heritage seat will fit the Deluxe also. I had my stock seat shaved to fit...and do 100 to 200 miles regularly with no problems.