Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new rocker owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:23 AM
outkastkustumz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rocker owner

hey all, new guy here, just picked up my 09 rocker, put 16" apes, a stage 1 kit with short shots and the se twisted cone breather, has any body put a sprung solo on their rock? thinking this might be a good alternative to the heartland kit while the bank account replenishes. any pics, thanks guys,

Old 07-14-2010, 04:35 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it would look great. It would have to be more comfortable than the stock Rocker C seat. Just do it and be different.
I went with the Danny Gray seat and love it. Feels like I'm riding in the bike instead of on top of it now.

P.S. Welcome to the forums and fellow Rocker owners.

Last edited by Kowan; 07-14-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:45 AM
outkastkustumz
Intermediate

hey thanks alot, im pretty sure im gonna do it, just wondered if anybody else had taken that route, lots of good looking rockers on here, i'll get pics up soon,

Old 07-14-2010, 06:14 AM
reds2harleys
Tourer

Welcome and good luck with the Rock. Dude, do yourself the favor and forget te over prices heartland kit. All that does is move the gap from between the fender and seat and move it to between the fender and tire. It looks like a dirtbike fender its so far off the tire. The stock Rocker fender hugs the tire and looks great. Save the $$$ and get a Danny Gray seat, they are all over E-bay for $ 450 or less if your patient. You'll love the look and youre SO much lower and furthur back its great. 2 best things I've done to my Rock so far are the seat and Apes. Completly changed the bike for the better.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:47 AM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Danny Grey seat for sale pm me if your interested

Old 07-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by reds2harleys
Welcome and good luck with the Rock. Dude, do yourself the favor and forget te over prices heartland kit. All that does is move the gap from between the fender and seat and move it to between the fender and tire. It looks like a dirtbike fender its so far off the tire. The stock Rocker fender hugs the tire and looks great. Save the $$$ and get a Danny Gray seat, they are all over E-bay for $ 450 or less if your patient. You'll love the look and youre SO much lower and furthur back its great. 2 best things I've done to my Rock so far are the seat and Apes. Completly changed the bike for the better.
Worth every cent in my book...

Old 07-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by reds2harleys
Really? A dirt bike fender? I think you need to do a little more research before you insert foot again.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:52 AM
tc1816
Tourer

Welcome to the forum! There is alot of info on here, just search around and you will see there are alot of customized rockers.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:19 AM
HD100
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This rock has a sprung solo, it's not mine, but it gives you an idea how it could look like.
new rocker owner-img_3480.jpg

Old 07-14-2010, 10:33 AM
bunkerbeer
Road Master

+1 for danny gray....
got mine brand new on ebay from sterling seats....
300 , can beat that...

Quick Reply: new rocker owner