Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Cross Bones

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010 | 11:24 AM
Account Retired
|
Banned
Default 2011 Cross Bones

Hey guys, I am thinking about getting the 2011 Crossbones fromt he military exchange so its ready for me when i get back from Iraq. I just have a few questions about it. Does it come with passenger foot pegs already on it? becuase i couldnt tell in any of the pictures. Also i was thinking about the V&H staggered short shots on it... To put pipes on it what else do i need? I also am pretty big and want to put another seat on it. One that sits a little lower, any suggestions? This is my first Harley after a long string of Jap bikes and I am pretty excited to start working on it. Thanks

Old 07-13-2010 | 11:28 AM
rowdy82
Tourer

My 08 did not come with anything for a passenger. So your looking at needing pegs and the passenger pillion. As far as exhaust goes you will need a programmer of some sort, about $300 bucks. There are 600 seat options for it, everything from the spring seats to standard softail seats. Good luck, you will love the bike

Old 07-13-2010 | 11:50 AM
taino
Cruiser

just get the 2" springs to lower the seat

Old 07-13-2010 | 12:31 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member

No for the passenger stuff...that all extra...
If your going to add pipes... I would also think about a high flow air cleaner and then some type of tuner / fuel management device...
As far as the seat.... the stocker is not that bad
I changed to the '25 seat so I could sit back a little further... and then went with a custom to fit the flow of the bike...
When I ride for distance I will put the '25 back on...

CC

Old 07-13-2010 | 02:29 PM
Account Retired
|
Banned

I do most of my purchases online. When i get back from Iraq ill be in Hawaii and there is only 1 harley dealer on oahu and he marks everything up, is there somewhere online you guys would recommend getting the rear pegs? and the seats? i am going to order my pipes and things straight from V&H. thanks for all your help.
SGT Locke

Old 07-13-2010 | 02:37 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member

There are more then one dealer on Oahu. Also you might want to check with Zanotti or Chicago HD online. You can get your stuff cheaper there. They ship to APO addresses for me as well.

All on Ohau:

Cycle City Harley-Davidson
600 Pu'uloa Road
Honolulu, HI, USA 96819-2003

Domenico's Harley-Davidson
46-162 Kahuhipa Street
Kaneohe, HI, USA 96744

South Seas Harley-Davidson
94-896 Moloala Street
Waipahu, HI, USA 9679

Old 07-13-2010 | 03:45 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

First off, thanks for your service sir! If you want a discount on Vance and Hines prices email or Pm me. I can get you a far better than retail price on pipes, tuner and air filter setup. You can put it on yourself. It is very simple. DREW@DRVTWIN.COM

There are also all kinds of aftermarket pegs that are much nicer than the Harley pegs and most likely around the same price. I discount everything for forum members and even more for Military guys.

Drew

Old 07-13-2010 | 05:02 PM
Kadorja
Road Captain

For my 09 Bones you have to buy a passenger peg mounting kit, passenger pegs, passenger pillion, and I guess the sissy bar is optional. It all adds up pretty good in cost. I didnt get any because Im single and if a girl ends up wanting to ride she can sit on the fender or pay to have all that crap put on

I like my stock seat.. it came from the dealership with the thick padded touring solo saddle but I did just order the 2" springs for it. I can sit flat footed (5'8") but its still slightly uncomfortable right now. Short shots look great IMO but I agree I would also throw on an intake and a tuner of some sort. Increase performance and its just better overall. Dont want to mess up your AFR or anything.

Welcome back and good bike choice!

Old 07-13-2010 | 05:03 PM
Blue Cross Bones
Cruiser

Bike wont come with any passenger foot pegs. I had to buy some and I chose the footboards.I thought they were very expensive but I like the look and feel.

Old 07-13-2010 | 06:42 PM
snook592
Club Member

if you are only doing the pipes you don't need any tuners. If you are doing the air cleaner as well then you need the tuner.

Quick Reply: 2011 Cross Bones