Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PM Wheels on Bones?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 06:25 PM
DMN8RHDFLSTSB
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PM Wheels on Bones?

Howdy, first post, longtime reader.

Can you guys help me out here, walked into the stealership to order some Performance Machine wheels last weekend and got to talking to the guy about how they would hold up and so forth. I was looking at the contrast cut version of the Riveria wheel from PM - he told me that it would be a bad idea to put annodized wheels on a daily driver because the anno will chip easily and ruin the finish.

i had never heard that before so i am not sure if he was blowing smoke or trying to up sell me to a wheel they get a better profit on or what.

Love my bones but she needs some new shoes to finish it out for the summer - anyone got pics of some of the contrast cut wheels on the bones, for reference.

thanks
Mike

Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd find an indy to buy the parts from. I've had PM wheels on my bike for a while now. Still lovin them!

Originally Posted by DMN8RHDFLSTSB
Howdy, first post, longtime reader.

Can you guys help me out here, walked into the stealership to order some Performance Machine wheels last weekend and got to talking to the guy about how they would hold up and so forth. I was looking at the contrast cut version of the Riveria wheel from PM - he told me that it would be a bad idea to put annodized wheels on a daily driver because the anno will chip easily and ruin the finish.

i had never heard that before so i am not sure if he was blowing smoke or trying to up sell me to a wheel they get a better profit on or what.

Love my bones but she needs some new shoes to finish it out for the summer - anyone got pics of some of the contrast cut wheels on the bones, for reference.

thanks
Mike

Old 07-12-2010, 06:38 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

If you are concerned about the finish that much get the Platinum contrast cut version which is sealed, but I really don't think it will make a difference as long as you clean them every once in a while. I can get them for you with a nice discount as well. Let me know what wheels, finish and size and I'll price them out for you. I discount everything I sell!
Email me at DREW@DRVTWIN.COM

Thanks!

Drew

Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I got my Roland Sands contrast cut wheels from Dr. V-Twin, and they are holding up perfectly! The Dr. will get you stellar pricing!! They hooked me up huge on my wheels, pulley, rotors, etc... Nice choice of wheels too!!! Good luck!!