Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Italy ask you help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:33 PM
ItalianF.B.
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Italy ask you help

Hello Hd friends sorry if it is a while i don`t write....

I have a question as nobody here in Italy seems to be bale to answer me.
I would like to ask you if it is possible to put on my Fat Boy Lo the open filter of SE stage 1 or Big Sucker withou remapping the efi.
At the moment i have rush 1.75" slip on and xied nightrider?
After i had put on the slip on the bike start to have decel popping so they told me i got too lean so i had buy the xied and the bike seems cooler and defenatelly go up faster on speed and rpm, but the popping are still there.
I was thinking to put and open filter to get the bike running better and even cooler but nobody can tell me here if the xied are enough for rush slip on and open filter.
Did any of you change filter and muffler just with xied?
Thank you so much
An Italian rider.
ciao
Max

Old 07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where in Italy are you? I was stationed in Vicenza for two years. Anyway, I think you will be better off getting a fuel management of some type.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:53 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Running Rush 1.75s on 2 otherwise stock bikes and never had any decel popping. Might want to check your clamps and header bolts for air leaks.

Every source I ever read says that if you put a high flow ac on you need to move up to a fuel manager. But I know riders that have ignored that advice with no "apparent" ill effects.

I think if you email nightrider or check their online forum/faqs you will find the answer to your question about the xieds.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:00 PM
ItalianF.B.
Advanced

I`m from the country side of Milano

I actually have a small leak on the slip on, where there are the clamps are, It seems on the front muffler only, when i had change the slip on i also put new clamps and i had tight it as much as i could but still leaking.....

Last edited by ItalianF.B.; 07-06-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Blue Cross Bones
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ciao da la America.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:18 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ItalianF.B.

I actually have a small leak on the slip on, where there are the clamps are, It seems on the front muffler only, when i had change the slip on i also put new clamps and i had tight it as much as i could but still leaking.....
Sorry to be off topic, we used to go to Milano all the time. there were some sweet bars there. I had a buddy get married at Lake Como

Old 07-06-2010, 05:19 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I go 65lb torque on mine. Not something you can do with a short rachet or wrench. Also the clamp has to be far enough forward to compress the "wings" on the end of the slipon. Should be some groove showing behind them.

Also not a bad idea to use a bit of copper RTV to help seal them. I know they tell you to use new clamps every time you take them off but I've reused my clamps a few times with no problems.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:56 PM
bj03064
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Hd friends sorry if it is a while i don`t write....
Did any of you change filter and muffler just with xied?
Yes, I have.

I had a 2007 Heritage. Put the Screamin' Eagle Air Cleaner on it, Rush 1.75, and a pair of XIEDs. No problems at all. Ran very smoothly, good gas mileage, engine was a bit cooler, and the plugs were nice and tan all the time.

I now have a 2009 Heritage. Put the Screamin' Eagle Air Cleaner on it, Rush 2.0, and a pair of XIEDs. No problems at all, and the same results as the 2007 engine.

The XIEDs change the O2 sensor output to the ECM, making the ECM "think" that the engine is running lean... and the ECM adds fuel. This makes the AFR a bit "richer".

But, keep in mind that the XIEDs only work in closed loop. If you run at more than 1/2 throttle, you're entering (or already in) "open loop", and the XIEDs will have no effect. In that case, you will have to use a full-range fuel management system.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 AM
ItalianF.B.
Advanced

So that mean that is i ride on highway i have problem , because i will use the trottel on more then half position?
For the muffler my torque arrive to only 50 nw/m i then had try with a small normal torque at the max of my power and even hurt my shoulder but nothing still leaking....

Old 07-07-2010, 06:31 AM
QS78
Tourer

popping should be ok to some extend. I would say u need to re-tune if your are upgrading your air intake system

Quick Reply: Italy ask you help