Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Italy ask you help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default air flow

you read where guys have done this and never had the bike remapped or adjusted. yes you can get away with it sometimes but is you bike running as well as it can? Ill answer this from my experience. i had changed pipes and the bike ran well i felt there was no need for any adjustments. I brought my bike to an independent shop about forty miles away being fed up with my local Harley dealer. I had done this guy a few favors in the past and he was going install my air suspension as a bonus for my favors He put my bike on the computer no dyno or any thing like that, and he could see that my injectors were not opening all the way he had a map he picked up somewhere that he felt would work on my bike so he installed it. I have to tell you there was a world of difference the bike was running better than ever and believe me you could tell the difference right away. all i can say is there is such a thing as running ok acceptable and then there is running and when you have someone who really knows what he is doing there is a world of difference

Old 07-07-2010, 10:38 AM
waxer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ItalianF.B.
Hello Hd friends sorry if it is a while i don`t write....

I have a question as nobody here in Italy seems to be bale to answer me.
I would like to ask you if it is possible to put on my Fat Boy Lo the open filter of SE stage 1 or Big Sucker withou remapping the efi.
At the moment i have rush 1.75" slip on and xied nightrider?
After i had put on the slip on the bike start to have decel popping so they told me i got too lean so i had buy the xied and the bike seems cooler and defenatelly go up faster on speed and rpm, but the popping are still there.
I was thinking to put and open filter to get the bike running better and even cooler but nobody can tell me here if the xied are enough for rush slip on and open filter.
Did any of you change filter and muffler just with xied?
Thank you so much
An Italian rider.
ciao
Max
I have a 2010 Heitage, Python slipons 2" baffles, Big Sucker ac, Xieds, runs great & plugs look good. Lost a little fuel mileage to be expected but still gets around 42 to 43 Hwy. A Fuel Management system is no doubt the optimum way to go as others have said, which I might do later, but the Xieds do a great job for what they are. Bike runs much cooler & plenty of power.
Waxer

Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 AM
ItalianF.B.
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all of you. Well also remember that my bike is european so very different from your i have valve on exaust and valve in the air filter... so i hav already a lan bike then your. ihad put the rush and are great only problems the popping but now i start to think that i didn t istall them good as 2 or 3 of you has even bigger baffles then me and no popping. i defenatelly have air leaking from slip on. Also youll laught i had pay the xied 300 dollars and here they had ask me almost 2300 dollar to remap!
I had order today the SE stage one i will try to put it on and after a while check the spera plugs, i also will try to eliminate the leaks on my slip on.
Thank to be so kind with me
Grazie overseas brothers!
Max