Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heritage driver's backrest

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sporty
I'm not sure that the 09's are different from the 08's. I had the Firehouse backrest, and my wife complained. The Grasshopper looks about the same. No adjustment. I changed the whole seat and went with Ultimate. It work great. As comfortable as stock, and keeps you in the same riding position. Unlike Mustang that moves you up and back. Not cheap though.
What was your wife's complaint?

thanks

Old 07-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Phantomryder
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have pics of the firehouse brand on their softail? Please post..

Old 07-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Snapped a few.

For the price, the firehouse is nice and does the job. Moves me forward maybe an inch or so. Is a little flexable so you can lean back into it.
I've never used it with a passenger. Seems if the passenger is not skinny, they would be right on it.

I cut a piece of a leather belt to put between the metel bracket and the pass pillion because it seems it would wear into the seat after a while.

If I had the money I would much prefer the mustang set-up, but as I said, for the cost it's pretty good.

Attached Thumbnails heritage driver's backrest-image_485.jpg   heritage driver's backrest-image_486.jpg   heritage driver's backrest-image_487.jpg   heritage driver's backrest-image_488.jpg  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:38 PM
DaSham58
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantomryder
Anyone have pics of the firehouse brand on their softail? Please post..
I have the Fire house and realy like it I have used it with out the rear seat on and it does a great job on my 09 Heritage you can see it in my signature picture.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,604 Likes on 2,725 Posts

Originally Posted by DaSham58
I have the Fire house and realy like it I have used it with out the rear seat on and it does a great job on my 09 Heritage you can see it in my signature picture.
Interesting, you show it WITH the passenger seat, and you have an 09, but the Firehouse web site says it can be used on 09/10 if you remove the passenger seat.

So either they are wrong (lol) or did you rig up something special to get to work with the passenger seat on?

Old 07-09-2010, 06:18 AM
DaSham58
Tourer

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Interesting, you show it WITH the passenger seat, and you have an 09, but the Firehouse web site says it can be used on 09/10 if you remove the passenger seat.

So either they are wrong (lol) or did you rig up something special to get to work with the passenger seat on?
No nothing rigged ! It fits perfect I thought at first it was kinda pricey but I think it is the best mod I have done to the bike I love it specially on a long trip. Now I think HD has 2 different passenger seats I have the touring one!!If that makes any difference!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:09 AM
HeritageSoftail05
Intermediate

The Grasshopper site says on a 93-06 that it is for a single.
Will it work with the pass pillion also?
Thanks

Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
KeywestBen
Cruiser

I have an 09 pillon and the firehouse backrest fit perfectly for me. I am not a mechanical guy and I was even able to install the back rest. Been enjoying it ever since.

blue_streak

Old 07-10-2010, 07:28 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

that's great that the firehouse works with the passenger pillion! looks like a better backrest. thanks for all the responses, I love this site. To bad I already spent the backrest money, lol... my next week...

Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jlasoftail
that's great that the firehouse works with the passenger pillion! looks like a better backrest. thanks for all the responses, I love this site. To bad I already spent the backrest money, lol... my next week...
Very odd. I know there was at least one 09 poster who was very pissed off that he couldn't get the backrest on his 09.
It wasn't long after he bitched about it that the disclaimer went up on the FHC site.

Quick Reply: heritage driver's backrest