Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jiffy Spring...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010 | 03:20 PM
southwind64
|
Stage I
Default Jiffy Spring...

I purchased a 2010 Fat Boy Lo a couple of months ago....I had some modifications done to it....Vance and Hines short stops, and a K&N air filter.

The dealer service center installed the wrong air filter, adn subsequentially sent me pictures of the wrong bike...

I stored the bike a the dealer until I for 6 weeks, and then picked it up and trailered it home, approximately 500 miles. The dealer service rep loaded the bike on the trailer and strapped it down.

When I got home I off loaded the bike and put it in storage in the garage.

The bike had 56 miles on it when I picked it up...they said that is how many goes on it through dynotesting, when I purchased it, the odometer read 9 miles.

When I went to ride it, I rode approximately 3 blocks, the kick stand came down, locked, and dug into road and flipped bike. Damages to bike is substantial and I suffered cracked ribs and whip lash.

I talked to the dealer service rep, who accused me of hitting bike on trailer therefore disengaging spring from kick stand...this did not happen, in fact, he said he talked with his shop rep who loaded the bike and was informed that
there was 6-8 inches clearance between bike and trailer.

The service manager then accused me of hitting curb with bike...there isnt a curb within 2 miles of the bike...

He then informed me that he talked with the warranty ppl at HD and said that If i couldn't come up with the spring that I had no 'case' against him, the dealer, or HD...

The spring came off the kick-stand and frame and is no where to be found...

Has anybody had any mishaps with these springs...my bike has less than two miles on it, and has noy hit a curb, a trailer, or anything else...

When I purchased a new spring...$10.99, the service shop told me that they had recently sold three springs but have two in stock...

WTF...can anybody share info on this..

Old 07-26-2010 | 12:17 PM
mjelson
Cruiser

Mine just fell off today. Spring stayed on the kickstand so I was able to re-attach to the post under the bike. I think it may have bent (kickstand) as it doens't seem to fit quite right under the bike now.

Gonna call my stealer to see what's what.

Old 07-26-2010 | 12:39 PM
Crossb0nes
Cruiser

You very unlucky, hope you better. Never heard a story like that in 20 years of riding, guess its one of those things, could have been a lot worse I guess!

Old 07-26-2010 | 02:14 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master

ive had mine come down 3 times in 2 months ..i beleive it me not the bike at this point..my sporty didnt do this but its set up different if you move it even an inch it would lift up and be fine never had a problem,but with my softail if it isnt all the way up it can fall back down on first bump.theres a mid point where it will go up or down..i know because my buddy watched it happen to me ..he even yelled STOP but with fullface hemet couldnt hear him it scrapped and went up everything was ok since it has happened 2 more times ..i think its me not the jiffy stand i have to make sure i lift it up and feel the clunk of it hitting the stopper..may not be the case with you but thought id share ..