Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Deal on Samson longtails yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 01:57 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

samson 39"s are the best sound mean fit perfect got them from the doc they were at my door step 3 days later thanks DOC

Old 07-05-2010, 08:30 PM
ernest3218
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have samson renegades on 06 springer classic. top quality and fit perfect. most harley techs seem to be 8$anhour parts changers

Old 07-06-2010, 08:28 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default pipes

That is a good price for a full system with shipping. it will be hard to beat that. I am running the 36 inch and i am scraping them on most drive ways . I have to walk the bike out and lift my *** of the seat and still scrape them now and then. I am glad i did not get the 39s i would be pulling out my hair by now.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:32 AM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I heard these on a road glide during laconia bike week and I was amazed at how loud they were. Bad *** pipes if you ask me.His stuck out about 4-6" past his saddle bags.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:36 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default pipes

I am not sure but it seems like harley dealers cant make much on samson pipes and most of them say bad things about them. The quality is good and harley is full of ****. they like to sell what they can make the most money off any thing else is crap to them. ask people who have them they had me believing that Samson pipes were crap but i now have them and i do not agree

Old 07-06-2010, 09:12 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I also disagree on Samson's quality being poor. I ran a set for several years that i got used and never had an issue with them.

Drew

Old 07-06-2010, 09:56 AM
JayDee5150
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gotta chime in on the quality issues as well.

I've ran Samson True Duals for almost 6 years now without an issue. I've had the 28's, the 33's, and now the 39's...fishtails and longtails, and they've all been excellent.

I know some people have had legitimate problems with Samson products, but you can say that for all aftermarket stuff. There will always be flaws in things, such is life...there is no perfect manufacturing process that produces a perfect product every time.

The key is, if you get a defective product, will the company that produced it make it right.

Samson has been in business for a long time for a reason, I have a feeling they will make it right.

That's just my 2 cents on that.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nikonf8
That is a good price for a full system with shipping. it will be hard to beat that. I am running the 36 inch and i am scraping them on most drive ways . I have to walk the bike out and lift my *** of the seat and still scrape them now and then. I am glad i did not get the 39s i would be pulling out my hair by now.
there is a way to increase ground clearance for your 36" pipes. loosen the entire system from the heads back including the mounting bracket. Samson has built in adjustability for these pipes. now with everything loose pull up on the fishtail and raise it, the bracket has the adjustability so make sure the extensions are loose too. after pulling the fishtail up tighten the bracket to the frame so it does not lower any farther. tighten down the rest of the pipes as to not cause any binding and your pipes will have more clearance. i hope this helps. Samson is here to help you with any situation so please do not hesitate to give us a call for technical help no matter what.
Thank you,
JR

Old 07-06-2010, 02:32 PM
firecwp
Tourer

Got the Sampsons too. Great product, don't care what lies others are saying. We owe a bit of gratitude to the Dr and JR for shooting straight with us. I'll be getting with the Dr for longer mufflers too. Killer ride Nikon. Congratulations on your purchase fellas. Post pics when you get 'em on.

Attached Thumbnails Good Deal on Samson longtails yes or no-img_0073_1.1.jpg  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:19 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

People with baggers and the "A" motor have had issues with head pipes breaking, but that happens with all different brands, even stock ones. Softails are the "B" motor which does not shake like the "A" motor.

Quick Reply: Good Deal on Samson longtails yes or no