Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st post here! 23k pre-approved for 2010 Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Phil Cota
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are great deals on used out there not question about it. Still nothing like looking down and see that odemeter read 5. See wonderfull New Hampshire we have no sales tax! LIVE FREE OR DIE! 23 grand sounds like alot of cash to be paying for a rocker! The dealer close to me has a 09 street glide on the floor for $18,5. 09 fats on the floor for 16,9. You need to look around price wise a little more.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:25 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From the sounds of your first post(and the title of this thread) it seem like you plan of financing the bike, tax, title, tags, and anything else you add on. That wouldn't be a very good idea, I'd make sure you're putting at least 1/4 down or you'll never be able to get rid of it if you have to/want to.

Just a thought!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by aaronb
First of all.....I'm EFFIN SLEEPLESS!! I'm going down to my local Southside Virginia Beach Harley Davidson Dealer and making a deal on my new bike tomorrow!

Don't know what they're asking for it, I didn't ask the other day when I went in with a buddy of mine, but, I've got 23k to spend with Tag/title/tax included....MSRP on Harley.com has got the 2010 FXCWC Rocker (black denim) listed at 19,847 I think.

I'll be writing a check when I walk in, how much do I expect to walk out of there paying and what extras should I be asking the dealer to throw in with the bike.

LET ME KNOW!!! I'LL POST PICS AND EVERYTHING TOMORROW! PLEASE HELP, CAN"T SLEEP!

1st Harley
Congrats man. You come here askin for some advice on buyin your new Rocker and (for the most part) only get responses telling you to go buy a used bike. You'll learn to weed these people out.

First thing, should have tried to close the deal today (last day of the month). I'm sure they'd been a little more desperate to get that last sale of the month up on the board. If it's not too late, get your *** down there.

Don't pay set-up fees. If i had the cash or non-HD financing I would probably walk in with the check already made out for MSRP out-the-door (figure tax, title, license fees will be $1K plus, depending on where you live). Some other things you can get out of the deal: $500-$1000 store gift card, 1K and/or 5K service at no charge, etc.. If you're interested in extended warranty that's another bargaining tool.

Lots of factors. Just depends on what would make you happy and how bad they wanna make the sale.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
stevelonewolf
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever you get,be happy and have a blast....

Old 06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master

I see on eBay there's a '09 with 6K miles for $15,800 so keep in mind that will be about what your bike is worth!

Old 06-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Phatboy2010
Tourer

I walked out the door with my 2010 Fatboy for 18k, tax, title etc. Has security, chrome wheels and the Black Ice paint. Sometimes you just want new, nothing wrong with it. I was happy

Old 06-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Soft422
Cruiser
Default Screw the other guy

[quote=stevieg;6936373]Sounds like nobody's going to talk you out of buying new so enjoy it!
"Owning new is great but riding a bike that you almost stole is a pretty good feeling too."

Unless you were on the other side of that transaction as the seller, right? I doubt he/she would feel very good about that.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Good Time Gang
Tourer

Originally Posted by matt816
Posts like this are ridiculous! This is your first harley and you just have to spend over $20,000!!? Wow! I mean to each their own, but not even considering a low low mileage used one is foolish. What kind of riding experience do you have? MSRP on the website doesnt mean ****, they always will try and add for prep, tags, tax, doc fee..... list goes on and on. Ive bought and sold both my bikes on craiglist. My latest an 05 FXSTS had 4600 miles on it nice upgrades and freaking cherry, $11K. Again to each their own enjoy the experience, its gonna be and experience when you write a check for over $20K on something that could be picked up for under $16K slightly used.
This is the kind of crap that is ridiculous. if the guy wants to buy it let him buy it. answer his question or get the hell out of the way.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:45 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

[quote=Soft422;6936720]
Originally Posted by stevieg
Sounds like nobody's going to talk you out of buying new so enjoy it!
"Owning new is great but riding a bike that you almost stole is a pretty good feeling too."

Unless you were on the other side of that transaction as the seller, right? I doubt he/she would feel very good about that.
Earlier in my post I talked about being on the other side and you're right, it doesn't feel that great but that's the market these days. Great time to buy but bad time to sell which is why (and this is just me) I wouldn't buy new unless it was a bike I couldn't get used (color, model, etc). It doesn't matter to me what anybody else does.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:55 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow congrats mon!!!
i'd buy used
BUT I UNDERSTAND
wheel n deal em though get some "stuff" thrown in w/ the deal
ex. oil changes,chrome,service manual , apes LOL

Last edited by m i k e; 06-30-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 1st post here! 23k pre-approved for 2010 Rocker C