Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st post here! 23k pre-approved for 2010 Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Crossb0nes
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are strong arguments about buying a new harley .... Low depreciation, KNOWING thats its definitely not been messed with and serviced on time counts for a lot, and sure that feeling that you were the first lol ....
Most of my bikes been secondhand, but this my second new bike (and first new Harley) and it feels very special ... it is 'my' bike. Cars thats another ball game ... my Alfa cost less than half its original price used after 2 years and only 8k miles. I'd have been nuts to take that kind of hit.

So go and enjoy, and ride safe

Old 06-30-2010, 12:05 PM
btluth
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used is my thoughts. Most of the time you can find a good used bike with aftermarkets upgrades ie, pegs, handlebars, intake exhaust for cheaper than what a new one would be with you buying the upgrades. Plus if you don't like the exhaust sell it and put that money towards your exhaust you like. You know what I mean. I bought mine used and I am in love with it.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:07 PM
pkee
Intermediate

I got a 2009 Rocker new used for $ 14,500.00 . It had 6,403 miles on it . Clean bike , I am glad someone else took the full price on it .

Old 06-30-2010, 12:24 PM
bunkerbeer
Road Master

Way to go AARNB.
I have been riding for 3 years now, and when I first went in a HD Dealership, i wanted the Rocker to.... Sales person talked me in to a street Bob (which I love ...) but when I finaly got to buy a Rocker, nothing is as good as a the Rocker (for me that is...)
Congrats...

Old 06-30-2010, 12:25 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the fam good luck on your dealings bro.!

Old 06-30-2010, 02:21 PM
sgod1100
Road Captain

Originally Posted by aaronb
First of all.....I'm EFFIN SLEEPLESS!! I'm going down to my local Southside Virginia Beach Harley Davidson Dealer and making a deal on my new bike tomorrow!

Don't know what they're asking for it, I didn't ask the other day when I went in with a buddy of mine, but, I've got 23k to spend with Tag/title/tax included....MSRP on Harley.com has got the 2010 FXCWC Rocker (black denim) listed at 19,847 I think.

I'll be writing a check when I walk in, how much do I expect to walk out of there paying and what extras should I be asking the dealer to throw in with the bike.

LET ME KNOW!!! I'LL POST PICS AND EVERYTHING TOMORROW! PLEASE HELP, CAN"T SLEEP!

1st Harley
Congratulations!! You will not be disappointed with the bike. I bought mine brand new in 2008 and haven't regretted it one bit. So what if you lose a couple grand right off the parking lot. If you are like me, I never bought anything new in my life until i bought my rocker c (1st harley). Have fun with it!!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Soft422
Cruiser

Originally Posted by pkee
I got a 2009 Rocker new used for $ 14,500.00 . It had 6,403 miles on it . Clean bike , I am glad someone else took the full price on it .

I find it laughable how many people here are all of a sudden so conservative. By reading these posts, one would get the impression that nobody buys new. Fact is, lots of people do. Must be the popular and politically correct thing to say now, like "let someone else take the hit on depreciation." Really? Apparently not everyone does that or the dealerships would not sell any new bikes. The fact is, Harley's are luxury items and not much about them is practical. If one is worried about money and being fiscally responsible, as most posts here would imply, you could save even more money by not buying one at all. Right? Take that money you would spend even on a used one (after some other Lutz, takes the hit, right guys?) and put that money in a growth stock mutual fund with atleast a 15 year history and sit back and watch the money grow....and also sit back and watch someone else enjoy their Harley. The OP is/was excited about buying his Rocker. Not cool to rain on his parade. To the OP, go do what you want and enjoy the bike.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:09 PM
County98
Tourer

If you know that it was "Your" bike as soon as you saw it then go for it. Your money, your business.

I bought mine new and love it. If I pick up another, I may go used since all the good deals out there. Just me.

You'll dig it either way and everyone here is really pretty supportive. Go for ir!!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:11 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

Sounds like nobody's going to talk you out of buying new so enjoy it!
I've always bought used and never regretted it. Every time I've SOLD a used bike (and I've sold my '02 Sportster and '07 Streetbob) I couldn't give 'em away. Seriously. If somebody is trying to sell a bike right now and they need the cash you can pick up a screamin' deal. '07 Streetbob with 300 miles: $14k (and that's before the bad economy took hold and on a new one (which were out at the time) I couldn't do better than $15,500). It had new pipes and Streetslammers.
My current bike is an '07 Heritage and it had less than 700 miles and it was perfect and I got it for $13,500 a few months ago. Saved almost 5 grand on that one.
Owning new is great but riding a bike that you almost stole is a pretty good feeling too.
Either way, welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new ride. I can't say enough about HDForums. I've gotten a pretty good education about Harleys from these guys and occasionally been able to impart a little wisdom myself.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both of my Harleys were bought new and paid cash. If I was worried about selling them, I sure wouldn't add aftermarket parts like I have.

Quick Reply: 1st post here! 23k pre-approved for 2010 Rocker C