Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat for 6'2" Springer Classic

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 08:24 AM
05 Spring Class
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat for 6'2" Springer Classic

Help,, whats a good replacement seat for a tall guy for the 05 Springer Classic?? All the Tall Boy's I see do not fit the Springer Classic. Anyone have any recommendations?

Old 08-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Seat for 6'2" Springer Classic

I would talk to my dealer about the tallboy seat. I know it's not listed as a fit for the springer classic but a few simple mods may make it fit perfectly. I bought the Saddlemens Renegade II which is not listed for the Springer Classic but works fine if you get some mounting bolts and mount the seat to the frame on the sides rather then to the fender. The tallboy is a one-piece 2-up though if I recall. In that case you'd have to make sure it mounts and lines up correctly with the rear bolt which fastens in the fender behind the passenger pad.

Another option is to move the floorboards forward. I believe I saw a kit that does that in the Dennis Kirk catalog. Personally I went with forward controls with 2 inch extenesions. I'm 6' and feel much more comfortable with them.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:25 AM
05 Spring Class
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Coaster,, Yeah I had to add longer forward shift lever,, I could barely get my foot in there,, have a Linby bar but the foot rests on top was too fr comrt so I added hiway pegs and those are rock on.. I think you are right about the Tall boy being a one piece,, I really love the fact that I can be a old school solo bike,, then in about 2 minutes slap on a touring seat and back rest for the wife,, and we are both comfortable for a weekend trip. Ill have to ait till I get back to the states and check out what the stealers have,, maybe some one there might have a setup that I am looking for that I can try out before dumping $$ into something that wont work.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here ya go.. Extend the floorboards.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/go_forwards.html

Or you can get Kuryakyn cruise arms for highway peg setups that will let you stretch out a good bit when kicking up off the floorboards.. Don't work with engine guards though.. however they don't have you all spread eagle.

Old 08-25-2006, 07:36 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm 6'5" and what I did for my '07 FatBoy to stetch my legs out was got the extended floorboard kit from Bubba's Brakes. The kit come with billet floorboard trays that move them forward 2.5", billet extended brake pedal and a billet extended gear shift lever. That kit has really made a difference in the positioning of my long legs. Then I went to my local dealer and tested a TallBoy seat, that too moved me back even farther but, it also brought me up which I didn't want. So the jury is still out whether I go with the TallBoy but I would definetly go with Bubbas kit.