Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Wanna Trade For Louder Pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 11:13 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody Wanna Trade For Louder Pipes?

I've got about 800 miles on my chrome V&H Big Shot Staggereds and they're too loud for me. They look great. In fact, I think they're the best looking pipes for a Heritage but I guess I'm gettin' old. I'd like to trade for a set of chrome Supertrapps if anyone's interested. I've got an '07 Heritage.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:16 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

If you like the pipes, keep them and see about getting some quiter baffles to fit in them.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:40 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

V&H makes 2 different quiet baffles for your pipes (I have them too and love them). They make the normal QB's and then they also have the QB's that they put into the Double Barell Long pipes. Those are all metal and will bring down the sound a lot. I got my pipes directly from thier store here and they told me it might bring the sound down to the SE quietness. I went with the normal QB's and I'm very happy.

I see you're located here in SoCal as well. You should take a drive over and talk to them personally. They can change out your baffles for you while you wait.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Mabye this guy can help you: http://www.smartpartz.com/

Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 AM
FrankT
Cruiser

+1 with V&H quiet baffles. I have them for my BSS pipes and love them. They give a deep rumble sound.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 AM
stevieg
Road Warrior

Thanks guys for the responses. I forgot to mention that I have the "quiet baffles" and they're not quiet. I've also heard about smartpartz who I've talked to. I think they're in SoCal as well. I was frustrated because I'd just gone on a ride and my ears were still ringing. I'm beginning to suspect that a lot of it has to do with the tune. I had short shots on my Dyna with about the same setup and it wasn't loud at all and I figured with the longer pipes it would be quieter.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:17 AM
myfhfb06
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try wearing some ear plugs. I know it sounds kind of foolish but it really helps with wind noise as well as "deadening" the sound of the pipes a bit.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:47 AM
stevieg
Road Warrior

Yep, got the earplugs too. I'm beginning to think it has to be the tune 'cause it's really loud even with everything I've mentioned. I don't know which would would better: the double-barrel or the smartzpartz baffles. I think you have to have stock V&H (not quiet) baffles when installing the smartzpartz so that would add to the expense. Anyone been able to determine which is quieter? The Double Barrel or the Smartzpartz?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:47 PM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on the quieter baffles. Dont sacrifice looks for sound : )

Old 06-22-2010, 02:17 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by stevieg
Thanks guys for the responses. I forgot to mention that I have the "quiet baffles" and they're not quiet. I've also heard about smartpartz who I've talked to. I think they're in SoCal as well. I was frustrated because I'd just gone on a ride and my ears were still ringing. I'm beginning to suspect that a lot of it has to do with the tune. I had short shots on my Dyna with about the same setup and it wasn't loud at all and I figured with the longer pipes it would be quieter.
Like I said...they make 2 different versions of the quiet baffles and the other one is much quieter. Give V&H a call and maybe you won't have to get rid of those pipes after all. They're located in Whittier.

Quick Reply: Anybody Wanna Trade For Louder Pipes?