Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train (some newbie questions)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 04:27 PM
rahmm
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night Train (some newbie questions)

I'm looking for input from current and or previous rider's of Night Trains. Pro's, cons etc. I am a first time rider, I just got my license and took the leap today and bought an 07' Night Train. I loved the looks and searched long and hard to find the one I finally chose. I don't have the experience to know what I might expect so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

As well as doing searches on here I've read some reviews online and was hoping for a little more real world input. I understand that the riding position can be uncomfortable for some but I question whether that improves over time. Not sure that it matters but I'm 6' 195 lbs.

Anyway, first post, great site!

Old 06-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Black Train
Advanced

Great ride choice! I have an 07 Train and love it. Just wished I had been able to find it in denim around me because now I want it painted but other than that its great. Ride it for a while then figure out what road you want to go with customization. The badlander seat is NOT great for your passenger and for some riders so you may or may not want to change it. Other than that just enjoy the scoot. I did change the bars on mine to be a little more upright, looking for apes now. Im 6' 210lbs and its a great ride.

Ride safe!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:15 PM
cryan9
Road Captain

I have an 09 and I traded my Road King that was chromed out for it. I love it. I am still happy with my decision.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Great Gazoo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 08 Train. Did the same as you, looked long and hard and made the buy when it came along. Its a great scoot that will serve you well. The riding position doesn't give me any grief at all.

Congrats!

Old 06-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

Enjoy your Train. Only you can decide if you aren't wild about the riding position, just ride it for awhile and see how it feels. If in the end you decide you'd like to change your position then do some reasearch, there are many options. I put 8" pullback risers on mine and now it's perfect.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:53 PM
rdenney
Intermediate

I have an 09 train and just put harley's extened reach controls on mine and that has made a big differance

Old 06-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the '07 NT -- great choice! I have an '08 (doesn't look much like my sig pic anymore though). The riding position didn't give me any grief either, though I like it better now with 1" extensions on the risers and 2" extensions on the forwards. FYI, I'm 1" taller and 10lbs lighter than you.

To be perfectly honest, it's not the best handling bike I've ever owned (I don't think any Softail is). But it has soul, and we won't be parting ways anytime soon!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:54 AM
kiwifulla
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great choice on the train , Mine is a 07 and it had t-bars on it when i got it and they were no good for me as i have a bad back , i am 5'10 and i put 16" apes and it is the great now

Old 06-21-2010, 04:06 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You got yourself a great bike... you should check out the Night Train Picture Thread that will give you a bunch of ideas that you could do to change it up to better suit you. But I should worn you now get your credit card ready cause we luv to spend other peoples money... lol Enjoy the NT and ride safe!

Old 06-21-2010, 06:59 AM
WATERHAWG08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Welcome aboard, Great choice of bike, I'm on an '08 NT. I think once you start making it your own, you're really going to love it. Like they said, make sure and check out the NT picture thread, to get some ideas, give yourself plenty of time, there's lots of them to look at.

Quick Reply: Night Train (some newbie questions)