Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train (some newbie questions)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:36 AM
04TrainWreck
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome aboard...i am more of a thread lurker than constant poster but i can tell you a Night Train is a great investment. It gets looks and compliments everywhere...the riding position isnt so bad, and if you want new bars or pullback risers will do the trick and fix that.

My only gripe about Night Trains is there are alot of them around, and i dont like the bobtail rear which is why im going for a more Deluxe/Fatboy style rear end.

Factory rake, Blacked out motor/tank/etc..., factory drag bars, factory forward copntrols...it basically does for you stock what most people do to to their bikes when they buy them anyways

Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 AM
County98
Tourer

Congrats brother, welcome aboard.

I bought my '07 train new and rode it for a year before I did much of anything. My only advice is to get some seat time and find out what YOU like or would want to tweak a little. As said before spend a couple MONTHS going through the TWO nightrain pic threads, then try to sit on some bikes with the stuff you like to look at.

16" apes kicked forward might look bad a$$, but you might not want to ride with 'em for distance.

Anyhoo, just saying choose wisely. Stuff's expensive (and fun), but doubly expensive if you end up buying stuff twice...

Old 06-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Greyhound10
Novice

Great choice of bike. I bought my 09 Night Train used (barely 1300 mi) and saved $3500 off the local dealers price. Plus I got the black denim color I was looking for. The money I "saved" went immediately into accessories. I would wholeheartedly agree on waiting to buy anything for the bike until you have ridden it for awhile. That is the only good thing about Winter - you have time to do all your mods and accessories! Enjoy your ride.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:05 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master

Originally Posted by rahmm
I'm looking for input from current and or previous rider's of Night Trains. Pro's, cons etc. I am a first time rider, I just got my license and took the leap today and bought an 07' Night Train. I loved the looks and searched long and hard to find the one I finally chose. I don't have the experience to know what I might expect so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

As well as doing searches on here I've read some reviews online and was hoping for a little more real world input. I understand that the riding position can be uncomfortable for some but I question whether that improves over time. Not sure that it matters but I'm 6' 195 lbs.

Anyway, first post, great site!
I have an 09 Night Train. Great bike to ride. It is comparable to my Street Bob which I got rid of to get the NT. I had an 07 Nightster before that and it was like riding a buckboard full of nails. The seat (Night Train) makes my *** sore after about 150 miles, but then again it is a stock seat and I spent my money on a Stage One upgrade instead. I'm a lot shorter than you so you will have no problems with the handlebars and how they are set up. Other than that, I love my Train. I have denim black, hence the name.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:48 PM
mike06train
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my train. Bettween seat changes, bars and suspension height, you can taylor one to fit just about anybody.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Only bad thing about the night train is a sevier case of brokeitis. Welcome to the money pit gang.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 PM
SavannahBob
Tourer

LOL! Obsessive-compulsive spending disorder. And thats all I'm gonna say about that.
Enjoy, my friend.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:32 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master

Of everyone who has the Stage One done, how many have noticed after a few hundred miles some black soot on the frame behind the exhaust...(if you have V and H short shots or comparable)?

Old 06-21-2010, 09:43 PM
rdoucet
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on the bike; I have a 2007 Night Train and I love it. The greatest thing about the Night Train is that is has a softail frame which makes modifications and parts easily available. I can't tell you what to do, however, once you make your first mod get ready to spend some $$ cause it can be addicting!

As for seats, I would see if you can find somebody around who has a seat for you to test; dealer by me will let you rent a seat for a day to try it out before you buy.

Ride safe and congratulations again!!

Old 06-21-2010, 10:25 PM
05KrazyTrain
Tourer

congrats on the train, i just did the same thing about a month ago. mines an 05 but it only had 1300 miles on it. i always pictured the one i bought to be black but i ended up really liking the H-d custom numbered tin set that was on it, but i might end up sellin it down the road because i really want a stretched tank and i do not want to destroy the paint on em

Quick Reply: Night Train (some newbie questions)