Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe seat pushes you to far forward?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe seat pushes you to far forward?

How do the deluxes owners like the factory seat? To me it seems it pushes me to far forward on the bike and feel cramped.Love the looks and it is comfy but it also feels like I am ridding on top of the bike.Think its time for a Leparea bare bones.Danny gray but crack or a c&c solo seat.Whats the skinny on those 3 seats Thanks Tom

Old 06-18-2010, 02:17 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

C&C is far more comfortable than a LaPera any day of the week. I have no personla experience with a Danny Gray. I can get you all three, but my choice is C&C. PM, email or call for pricing and to discuss further please.

Drew

Old 06-18-2010, 02:22 PM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You can also have your stock seat re-shaped so you sit further back and "into" the seat.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DeLuxeLady
You can also have your stock seat re-shaped so you sit further back and "into" the seat.
+1

I met a fellow rider recently whose wife rides a Deluxe. She too loves the look and feel of the seat but did not like the "shoved forward" feel of it. They took off the cover and "shaved" away some of the padding on the back-most part (something like 3 inches he said) in order to allow her to sit further back in the seat. My only gripe about it is that the seat cover in that area looked slack as apposed to the rest of the seat. You could defiantly tell where they removed padding under there.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:40 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I find the stock deluxe seat quite hard, but you could always have some memory foam added when getting it reshaped as well. Mean City Cycles.

Drew

Old 06-18-2010, 02:58 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put the Buttcrack on, mainly for looks. It's pretty hard, but I've heard you need to give them time to break in. Took about a 2 hour ride last week and it wasn't bad. When I go on longer rides, I put the stock seat back on. It's comfortable to me and I don't feel like I'm pushed forward. But I've got extremely short legs.

Danny Gray Buttcrack. I have the Mustang mini bib covering the mounting holes for the stock seat.

Last edited by gforrest2; 06-19-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added photo
Old 06-18-2010, 03:13 PM
rob i
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

lepera bare bones is awesome. Like sitting on a plank of wood for the first few hundred miles, but breaks in nicely after that. I have no problems riding all day on the bare bones. It will move you significantly further back compared to the stock seat.

a few things to note however. due to the fact that the bare bones is significantly narrower than the stock seat, if you have duals, your left thigh will now pretty much rest on the left pipe. And you are basically sitting on top of the oil tank as well. Can be a bit warm, but have not had any issues. If you have duals and the barebones, it would be a terrible idea to ride with shorts. Not that it is ever smart to ride with shorts, but you will burn the eff out of yourself if you do it with that particular set up.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob i
lepera bare bones is awesome. Like sitting on a plank of wood for the first few hundred miles, but breaks in nicely after that. I have no problems riding all day on the bare bones. It will move you significantly further back compared to the stock seat.

a few things to note however. due to the fact that the bare bones is significantly narrower than the stock seat, if you have duals, your left thigh will now pretty much rest on the left pipe. And you are basically sitting on top of the oil tank as well. Can be a bit warm, but have not had any issues. If you have duals and the barebones, it would be a terrible idea to ride with shorts. Not that it is ever smart to ride with shorts, but you will burn the eff out of yourself if you do it with that particular set up.
No duals yet ,but sooner than my wife would care for lol.I do believe the bare bones is my new seat.Thanks for all the responses.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:48 PM
harlanrider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no problems with the seat. Although I am vertically challenged at 5'9" with a 30 inseam. Fits me perfect.

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe seat pushes you to far forward?-new-air-cleaner-cover.jpg  
Old 06-18-2010, 06:30 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by harlanrider
I have no problems with the seat. Although I am vertically challenged at 5'9" with a 30 inseam. Fits me perfect.
Man, if you're vertically challenged, I must be a midget, sorry, little person. I'm 5'-5" w/26" inseam.

Quick Reply: Deluxe seat pushes you to far forward?