Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Harley-Davidson FLSTN Softail Deluxe Value

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Dite
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 Harley-Davidson FLSTN Softail Deluxe Value

I am looking at a bike that was won at a raffle. It is two-tone with less than 100 miles on it, it has been titled to the raffle winner and comes with the remaining 2 year warranty.

What price should I offer since it was won in a raffle?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:19 PM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see why the fact that it was won in a raffle matters? The bike lists for around $17,500 new (plus taxes). Offer the guy $15K and if you get it, just remember that you'll still pay taxes to the DMV.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 PM
SeMiGoD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbg
I don't see why the fact that it was won in a raffle matters? The bike lists for around $17,500 new (plus taxes). Offer the guy $15K and if you get it, just remember that you'll still pay taxes to the DMV.
Friend of mine just bought a new 2010 2 tone paint deluxe for 16 with security.
Once they have been titled they drop in value. IF its a base bike, (being a raffle id assume it is), 13 tops. Just my opinion.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with the fact if the bike is titled first to the winner of the raffle, then the bike is now used when sold to you. I would say a fair price is between $13,000 and $14,000. Make a low offer and work your way up. In this economy, it's a buyers market. If someone else offers more money and gets the bike, let them. Remember the raffle owner is coming out like a bandit and so should you a little. Don't over pay for the bike or pay market value, Because then there is no other reason you should not buy a bike from someone else. And once again remember as stated before about tax, tag, and title at the DMV are added to your cost of the bike.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Dite
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The owner doesn't think it has the security or wheel options. The title is in his name and he is checking on how long the warranty remains.

How does the Deluxe ride compared to the Heritage Classic. I love the ride of the heritage Classic, just never have found a Deluxe to ride. Are they about the smae except for windshield and saddlebags?

Old 06-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Show him $12,000 cash. You'll walk away with the bike...

He's not going to want to hold onto this bike to long unless he decides to keep it.

The bike is 2yrs old. The 2011's are soon to be out in July...

Mike
NY

Old 06-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dite
The owner doesn't think it has the security or wheel options. The title is in his name and he is checking on how long the warranty remains.

How does the Deluxe ride compared to the Heritage Classic. I love the ride of the heritage Classic, just never have found a Deluxe to ride. Are they about the smae except for windshield and saddlebags?
security is easy -- the key will let you know -- if there is a little fob with the key then the security is on the bike.

Tire option is as simple -- if it has white walls then it has the tire option.

as to the ride, they are nearly the same, though if i remember right the delux rider height is a little lower than the heritage classic. On top of that, the deluxe has not bags and windshield from the get go. The passenger seat is different -- slightly smaller than the heritage classic. But other than that they are very very similar and very quick to change from one to the other with a few mods.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike NY
Show him $12,000 cash. You'll walk away with the bike...

He's not going to want to hold onto this bike to long unless he decides to keep it.

The bike is 2yrs old. The 2011's are soon to be out in July...

Mike
NY
I kind of agree with this. This is concidered a used by now. Show him hard cash in hand and I think you will get a sweet deal.

He might go for bank check but cash will be better since he does not have to declare it (in theory).

Offer 12K cash and to sweeten the deal so that he does not have to declare the 12K the 2 of you can pen up and sign an agreement that he gave it to you as a present. I think you can gift a certain amount a year Tax free of something like that.

good luck

Old 06-04-2010, 12:18 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Bike

I agree its a buyers market right now. money talks and bull **** walks show him the money

Old 06-04-2010, 12:38 PM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All Deluxes come with white walls. The difference would be in the two types of wheels. The stock wheels are the steel, laced wheels with the "stepped" rims. The upgrade is the chromed smooth rims.

Quick Reply: 2009 Harley-Davidson FLSTN Softail Deluxe Value