Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat Shield

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010 | 08:26 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Support forum sponsors. Captain Itch is a forum sponsor and makes a high quality product.

Drew
And what the hell am I? Chopped liver? Im a sponsor in here and my add is over there on the right>>>>>>

Old 06-23-2010 | 11:18 AM
mikef
|
Cruiser

UPDATE..... Capt Itch shipped quickly, got the Heat Shield.... Fits Great. Took the seat off, slid the Heat Shield on and put the seat back on.... That easy. Works Great. My pops loved it. Good product at a great price.... Thanks to everyone for the help.

Old 06-23-2010 | 11:21 AM
mikef
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by zoood
And what the hell am I? Chopped liver? Im a sponsor in here and my add is over there on the right>>>>>>

Sorry I had already ordered it when I seen this post.... Capt Itch was about half the price of yours.... Maybe next time I will order from you. I like to support the forum supporters.... Thank you for the support.

Old 06-30-2010 | 05:09 PM
Jim r1
Stage IV

I installed the heat shields from H-D,on my 2007 Road King and while they seem to work ,and I`m ok with the looks,I cant get the right side to stop rattling at idle, I mean it drives me crazy. I even had the local dealer look at it while the bike was in the shop for a new tire. They cant seem to find the problem either. Any ideas?

Old 06-30-2010 | 05:16 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jim r1
I installed the heat shields from H-D,on my 2007 Road King and while they seem to work ,and I`m ok with the looks,I cant get the right side to stop rattling at idle, I mean it drives me crazy. I even had the local dealer look at it while the bike was in the shop for a new tire. They cant seem to find the problem either. Any ideas?
Go to Lowes and get whats called sealing washers. their galvanized washers with neoprene rubber bonded to one surface. Place those between the bolt that attaches the deflector to the frame. Rubber side towards the frame. If the rattle is from where the bolt holds it on. That sealing washer will stop it. Put a washer on each bolt. It will also keep the plastic from cracking.

zoood

Old 06-30-2010 | 05:19 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikef
Sorry I had already ordered it when I seen this post.... Capt Itch was about half the price of yours.... Maybe next time I will order from you. I like to support the forum supporters.... Thank you for the support.
My comment wasnt directed towards you. It was directed at Dr. V-twin. It doesnt matter to me who's product you by.

zoood

Old 06-30-2010 | 05:24 PM
smcintos
Intermediate

I got the Capt-itch crotch cooler about a week ago. I can tell you that it works great. It is very easy to install and will b easy to remove when it gets cold. I do not have any heat pain on my right leg anymore. Capt. ships fast and is a top notch person to deal with.

Hope this helps
Steve

Old 06-30-2010 | 05:38 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jim r1
how do you know it is the heat shield? i has a license tag act as a wind instrument

Old 07-01-2010 | 10:46 AM
Jim r1
Stage IV

thanks,but the bolt is very tight,and has a fender washer on it. I think the shield is touching the rear cylinder head.

Old 07-01-2010 | 10:47 AM
Jim r1
Stage IV

At idle,I can push down on the shield and the rattle goes away

Quick Reply: Heat Shield