Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

risers/handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:22 AM
nitetrain
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default risers/handlebars

I'm thinkin of putting risers on my nighttrain with some pullback. The only thing I can find is 61/2 inch risers with just a little pullback. The bike came with 6 inch risers that are straight, they are comfortable,but i'm looking for a differant look.Maybe some new handlebars, 8 inch rise with like 31/2 pullback what do ya think?And the fuelgage seems to be working just fine now!

Old 06-10-2005, 02:45 AM
Detour
Road Captain
Default RE: risers/handlebars

Drag Specialties carries "Buffalo Risers" that are 9" with a pullback, that's the closest I've ever seen...

http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/index.shtml

Kurt

Old 06-10-2005, 06:54 AM
nitetrain
Cruiser

Thanks buddy, yea they are nice, just might order a pair.

Old 06-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,852 Likes on 806 Posts

Dunno if this applies here, but I'm going to be installing a set of mini-apes form an 02 Wide Glide on ym Train in a couple of weeks. Lots of rise and pullback on the bars, but the risers themselves are about 1 inch high..

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-10-2005, 10:57 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Clammy

Dunno if this applies here, but I'm going to be installing a set of mini-apes form an 02 Wide Glide on ym Train in a couple of weeks. Lots of rise and pullback on the bars, but the risers themselves are about 1 inch high..

Cheers!
I'm really looking forward to seeing how it looks and how you think the handling feels. I like the feel the turns with the drag bars, but like the looks of the mini-apes also. Do you have to extend the harnesses? How about the cables, you probibly need to replace those, right?

Old 06-11-2005, 02:16 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,852 Likes on 806 Posts

ORIGINAL: monkyman

ORIGINAL: Clammy

Cheers!
I'm really looking forward to seeing how it looks and how you think the handling feels. I like the feel the turns with the drag bars, but like the looks of the mini-apes also. Do you have to extend the harnesses? How about the cables, you probibly need to replace those, right?
The wiring will need to be extended, and I've already ordered a complete set of stainless steel braided cables and brake line from M&M Cycles. I find I have to reach a little too much for my liking with the drag bars. I DO like the way they look, but I prefer the mini-apes look. I've also ordered a HitchHiker seat from BAR Enterprises and side plates, upright and sissybar pad from M&M... oh, and I almost forgot: skull theme medallion, skull theme grips, skull theme footpegs, skull theme brake pedal, skull theme shifter peg and a skull ignition key. All of that stuff, except for the ignition key, I ordered from M&M... I'm happy for the group buy discount. I saved myself a few bucks today!!!

I figure she should handle like a lowered Wide Glide!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif]
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]