Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Slip ons for '10 Heritage Softail Classic

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:21 AM
Tony-OH
|
Intermediate
Default Best Slip ons for '10 Heritage Softail Classic

Hi guys,
I'm a brand new Harley owner after purchasing my 2010 Heritage Softail Classic three weeks ago. Weather has been a little rough since I bought so I only have about 190 miles on it so far, but I'm definitely ready for some more sound.

Saying that, I wanted to get some advice on what are the best slip ons to make my bike louder. I want that nice deep, Harley sound. I don't mind getting a new high performance air cleaner if need be but don't want to go much over $350.

Any suggestions?

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:26 AM
mke125125
Road Captain

rush slip-ons sound great. they are less than 300.00 and you dont have to change out the a/c. I prefer the 2"baffles, they have a nice deep rumble and will really scream if you get on the throttle. also fit and finish is top notch.

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:28 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Welcome and congrats on the ride. I don't know if there is a "best" pipe per se. It is more of a personal choice as the what look and sound you like. For the price you have given, I would say get some D&D slip on's. I assume you want chrome? They will run you $339.95 plus $15 shipping in the ConUS if you are interested. I can also get you any other brand of exhaust you want at a forum discount price. Here is a pic. D&D's products have been well known to make more power and torque than other similar exhausts.

Old 05-27-2010 | 10:23 AM
Tony-OH
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mke125125
rush slip-ons sound great. they are less than 300.00 and you dont have to change out the a/c. I prefer the 2"baffles, they have a nice deep rumble and will really scream if you get on the throttle. also fit and finish is top notch.
Thanks for the info. I heard if you go over 2" baffles you have to change out the A/c. Did you notice any power improvements or just sound?

Old 05-27-2010 | 10:26 AM
Tony-OH
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Welcome and congrats on the ride. I don't know if there is a "best" pipe per se. It is more of a personal choice as the what look and sound you like. For the price you have given, I would say get some D&D slip on's. I assume you want chrome? They will run you $339.95 plus $15 shipping in the ConUS if you are interested. I can also get you any other brand of exhaust you want at a forum discount price. Here is a pic. D&D's products have been well known to make more power and torque than other similar exhausts.

Thanks for the info Dr. I do want chrome and I'm thinking I like the top cut if available. What are the baffles? Do I need to change out the A/C with the D&D's? What model would you suggest?

By the way, I'm looking at something that's loud and throaty when I get on it but I don't want my ears to bleed at cruising speeds.

Last edited by Tony-OH; 05-27-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-27-2010 | 10:32 AM
hogowner69
Road Master

Click on my sig pic and look at my youtube videos......

I also got my V & H slip ons from Dr. V. Twin

Old 05-27-2010 | 10:34 AM
Tony-OH
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hogowner69
Click on my sig pic and look at my youtube videos......

I also got my V & H slip ons from Dr. V. Twin
Hey brother, thanks. I did see this video a few weeks ago, appreciate the video and sound. One question for you though, what was the baffles of the pipes you have on there?

Old 05-27-2010 | 10:38 AM
hogowner69
Road Master

not sure of the baffles.....it was the ones that came with it.....

PS..if you have any other questions.....PM me your tel # and I will give you a call

Old 05-27-2010 | 10:53 AM
Tony-OH
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN

DR, is there any drop off in Torque with the V&H or Rush pipes with 2" baffles? Will the D&D's increase the torque without upgrading the A/c? Thanks.

Old 05-27-2010 | 11:01 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Take a look at what Jamie at Fuel Moto has . His power packages are a great deal and excellent support on the PC. I have friend that went with their jackpot mufflers, a Fuel Moto A/C and PC and the bike sounds and runs great.

Quick Reply: Best Slip ons for '10 Heritage Softail Classic