Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Slip ons for '10 Heritage Softail Classic

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010 | 02:22 PM
Tony-OH
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
In those pipes shown they only offer a straight cut or slash cut, but I am sure we can find you something with a back cut. There are literally thousands of options for exhaust. If you add jsut the slip on's no need for an air fitler or tuner, but if you do add an air filter and tuner it will increase your power.

Drew
So for so many questions. Is the tuner hard to replace? Do you have any package deals with the D&D, air filter, tuner? do you also sell the Rush pipes people are talking about. Why do you prefer the D&D's over the Rush?

Thanks again...

Old 05-27-2010 | 02:36 PM
smitbrad
Tourer

If you do a search here in the Softail section you will find the majority of the people who install slip-ons go with Rush. They sound great, high quality product, and reasonable priced. I let the dealer install my SERT and then had it tuned on the dyno. I elected to go with the SERT because I didn't want to bypass the O2 sensors which is usally required with many of the after market EFI tuners.

Got my Rush from Fuel Moto. http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

Old 05-27-2010 | 03:11 PM
Tony-OH
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by smitbrad
If you do a search here in the Softail section you will find the majority of the people who install slip-ons go with Rush. They sound great, high quality product, and reasonable priced. I let the dealer install my SERT and then had it tuned on the dyno. I elected to go with the SERT because I didn't want to bypass the O2 sensors which is usally required with many of the after market EFI tuners.

Got my Rush from Fuel Moto. http://www.fuelmotousa.com/
Thanks for the info. I'm leaning towards the Rush since so many people seem to like them here.

Does anyone have a video of what they sound like?

Old 05-27-2010 | 03:22 PM
Tony-OH
|
Intermediate

What cut do you guys prefer on your bike? I think I like slash cut or baloney cut. Is there anything that's more "harley" like or is it totally just personal preference?

Old 05-27-2010 | 04:04 PM
Robmitch49
Cruiser

Tony-OH, you might try this link for some Rush sound videos. I'm planning on ordering some Rush with 2 inch baffels tonight for my 2010 Heritage.

Oops forgot the link, http://www.epiflex.com/youtube.html

Last edited by Robmitch49; 05-27-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: link
Old 05-27-2010 | 05:57 PM
Bluesman42
Novice

There are some videos on YouTube if you search for Rush and Softail. This one has a before and after http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaEJQrCuHWc

Old 05-27-2010 | 06:31 PM
Get Gimpy
Intermediate

I have Rush 2in on my 09 They sound great and it did run a little better

Old 05-27-2010 | 06:48 PM
Man In Black
Tourer

I suggest you hang out around some other bikes and actually hear the pipes you want and not listen to videos because they will sound different. Opinions are nice but someones opinion might not be the same as yours when you install the pipes. I listened to a lot of bikes and asked questions before I bought slip ons for my 2010 Heritage and bought the Cycle shack 3 inch slash cuts through my Harley dealer. They have the typical deep throated Harley sound and look great with the factory chrome shields . People are always asking me what kind of pipes it has and giving the thumbs up. But don't take my opinion seriously either until you hear them for yourself.

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:23 PM
Tony-OH
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bluesman42
There are some videos on YouTube if you search for Rush and Softail. This one has a before and after http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaEJQrCuHWc
Thanks for the video, that sounded pretty much what I was looking for.

Old 05-27-2010 | 10:04 PM
Bluesman42
Novice

I agree with Man In Black, though - if you have the opportunity, hear some live first, and compare to others. I went by the video because I am in a small enough town that it is hard to do comparisons like that.

Quick Reply: Best Slip ons for '10 Heritage Softail Classic