Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crossbones

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012 | 07:07 AM
RevMatt
Advanced
Cool I picked up some full length Samson Ehausts with no....

Originally Posted by colonelangus1
i had alignment issues as well use new exhaust donuts/gaskets and be patient i had to space the mount to the bike 1 washer towards the front 2 on the rear bots so it would be mounted without any stress on the exhaust flange bolts as you stated as it lies naturally.in the long run the extra time it takes is worth it ..i have mine off right now and for me the biggest problem is getting both flanges in place while trying to get the other end lined up ..need 4 eyes and 3 hands lol
I had zero alignment problems with these exhausts... and they sound sweet... and breathe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2012 | 10:57 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by RevMatt
I had zero alignment problems with these exhausts... and they sound sweet... and breathe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it a true dual system? If so those are always easier to align because you install one pipe at a time and are not trying to match up two headers at the same time the way you do with a 2 into 1 system.

Old 02-27-2012 | 11:04 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by colonelangus1
well i got them installed finally
heres a before and after pic
still have to do the tranny top cover though

Looks great! I had been thinking of blacking out my engine covers since I bought my Bones but never pulled the trigger. Right now the way it is coming together, I am starting to like contrast of the polished aluminum more and more with the rest of the bike. I think if I do black them out eventually I might go with gloss black instead of wrinkle like I had planned. Simply because that is what I see on the older bikes and so it looks sweet. I think the wrinkle holds up great over time though.

I see you are still running that Deluxe seat. I haven't been using mine. It was not comfortable for me at all. It caused me lots of pain between my thighs while riding which led to cramping in my legs. It also shoves me forward a lot more than I care for. Sad really cus I love the look of the seat. I have the matching touring pillion and tour pack for it as well. I may end up selling the three and going with something different that I can make work with my sprung 1925 seat which so far has been the most comfortable for me in all conditions.

Old 02-27-2012 | 12:03 PM
colonelangus1
|
Road Master

i hear ya on the 1925 seat i loved it ..at the time i was trying to get the bike back together and had forgot to plug the holes for the deluxe seat and add a hole for the plastic cover..so i decided to run the deluxe seat but added the springer seat rail.i was also thinking of gloss black for the covers the old knuc's were gloss black but the finish as you said doesnt stand up and the wrinkle black matches the engine texture perfect so im a happy camper .im looking for a leather tour pak for them long trips

Old 03-05-2012 | 11:41 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Default Pipes and bags are on...

I think I will wrap the headers in black and ditch the shields but otherwise I like it!

Attached Thumbnails crossbones-imag0905_rd.jpg   crossbones-imag0911_rd.jpg  
Old 08-02-2013 | 11:04 AM
colonelangus1
|
Road Master

baggertail installed

Last edited by colonelangus1; 08-02-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-02-2013 | 10:42 PM
mac1911
Road Master

Really nice bike and pics. I want one of those so bad.

Old 08-11-2013 | 06:46 PM
SpringerRider
Road Captain

I just bought an 2009 Crossbones with less than 4K miles. I am looking to personalize it a bit. It is nearly identical to yours, except that I have V&H 2->2 big radius exhaust.
I am looking for something to dress up the axel lugs. I also am looking at luggage racks since I carry a bag sometimes.
Any suggestion are welcome.

Old 08-30-2013 | 11:38 PM
colonelangus1
|
Road Master

well got the engine guard on and the tour pack and quick release mount showed up yesterday.. being this is a softail the mount isn't a perfect fit its off by 3/16" so I picked up a piece of 1/4" aluminium plate and drilled it to use as a spacer just enough for wiggle room and now I don't need to do any license plate mods.. still to turn signals but the new mini bullet signals arrived this afternoon and that's next on my list ..heres a few pics from today

Old 08-31-2013 | 10:47 PM
mac1911
Road Master

Love the Crossbones.

Quick Reply: crossbones