Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Mustang Wide Vintage Solo Seat #75096
68.75%
Mustang Vintage Solo #75086
31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Mustang Vintage Solo or Wide Vintage Solo??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mustang Vintage Solo or Wide Vintage Solo??

Yeah I did get some pics but dagummit I left them on my laptop at home and didn't get them emailed to post. Sorry, I'll get them up soon. My passenger seat is the wide version that matches the front.. my part#s are: 75096 front and 75097 rear. That rear seat is WIDER than my old lapera solo.

For a 2000-2006 softail in the non-studded vintage (Regular width), you want 75087 Vintage rear seat (or maybe 75090 thin vintage rear seat) and 75086 Vintage Solo.. Would look like:

Old 09-05-2006, 08:23 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you like the Mustang seat. I just recently put the wide Solo on my Springer and got the fender bib. Got the concho model because I just like that retro sort of look the Springer has. Was too busy this Labor Day to run it and haven't even shot any pics yet. Did jump on it after I installed the seat and it feels really good. Have the rest of the week off, so it's ride, Boley, ride for me.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

As promised.. here are some pics I sent up to the gallery... I took a couple with the rear seat (uninstalled) ontop of the front seat to show the sheer size of the thing.

I just need time and good weather.. got a progressive lowering kit on order and a friend with an indy shop ready to to the swap for me if I can ever get it to him. After all the shopping.. I'm doing the right thing and supporting a local guy I know who rents a single garage bay and drag and bikers choice catalogs.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:10 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Babs, you weren't a kiddin'!!! That is one platter size seat. Not to be a pain in your butt, can you take a shot of the bike with and without the passenger seat on, standing behind it and back about 5 ft or so to give it a good prospective to how it looks from behind? Also, what size apes are those on your bike and what make? Thanks, Jon

Old 09-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: JonnyD
Babs, you weren't a kiddin'!!! That is one platter size seat. Not to be a pain in your butt, can you take a shot of the bike with and without the passenger seat on, standing behind it and back about 5 ft or so to give it a good prospective to how it looks from behind? Also, what size apes are those on your bike and what make? Thanks, Jon
I really didn't want to install it just yet, but I'll try if I can get a chance..
It would look something like this (poor picture from Mustang's site)... minus the fuzz from the poor camera and the studs.

From the picture where I place it on top of the other seat, if you can imagine it sitting on the fender.. It's pretty much like any large touring style seat.. probably a bit wider than a stock heritage seat maybe. I'd say this would have to be the biggest rear seat I've seen. It would taper out from the bottom plate on the fender.

Definitely would be comfy for just about any gal's behind.. even if they happened to have some serious bootay. [sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 09-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Supplemental:

Also for frame of reference you can try a ruler on your existing seat with Mustang's specs:
Try that with a ruler and you'll get the best representation on your scoot just how wide you can expect it to be.

Solo Front Seat 75096 is 17.5" wide
Wide Rear Seat 75097 is 14" wide.. In comparison, the regular rear seat 75087 is 8" wide
..not that I know too many chicks with butts that are 8" wide.. If so, I'd be for getting them to Carraba's for some pasta ASAP! hehe

But even with these super wide seats, on a bagger (here meaning a softail with bags) it wouldn't look out of place I'd think.. These other bikes I've seen with the bags installed.. looked quite nice. A bike setup for humans to ride ALL day long, rather than bopping over a couple miles to the bar, I spose. I think it makes the bike look a bit more "chunky" maybe.. which is growing on me.. Definitely nice on an FL (heritage/deluxe) type with full front fender.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:23 PM
DMSC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wide pillion is, indeed comfy...according to Paula. In fact, she suggesting a LONG (as in several hundred miles a day) ride net month!

The wide pillion looks fine (IMHO) on a scoot with out bags...even better on a scoot with bags. For reference, the wide rider seat is just about the same overall width as the stock Heritage rider seat.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

First impressions riding just beebopping around town. In short, as if I had an extra set of shocks.. smoothes out the bumps big time.. I don't feel the road nearly as much with the new mustang. Very comfy. Looking forward to many miles on this seat. Night and day difference from either the stock seat or the little low-profile solo, to be expected. What's shocking is how much better than the stock seat it is.

Just got the bike back Friday with the Progressive lowering kit installed.. Dropped the height about an inch, sofar. Rides absolutely terrific.. We tightened up the preload a bit which raised it back up to roughly an inch lower at the rear fender so I'll probably tweak it a little to lower it about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2".. Absolutely no adverse ride roughness.. Especially with the new seat.. Feels as low as it was with the lapera solo, but a lot more comfy for sure. And looks very cool! Before/After pics coming.

Old 11-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

bumpity bump bump..

Resurrecting an oldie but a goodie.. I saw a little discussion and some folks have asked me about wide verses standard width mustangs, so for any more folks wanna cast their votes for some other guys that were wrestling with which size solo mustang to go with.

I can say after a while on the bike, I'm on the border.. I could have gone either way.. I find the wide version fine, but could have probably gone with the 14" version and been probably just as happy.