Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EU License Plate Relocation??!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by berlinHENNIG
I don't know when you have been in Germany last, but today there is EU law above German law. As long as you will have a EU registered vehicle you will be under EU law executed by the local police departments. And noise pollution is regulated by EU law.

When I got my last ticket in London 22 years ago I threw it into the river Thames - now I have to pay it otherwise it will be executed in Berlin too
hehe maybe I was getting lucky, last i was thundering around munich in 2004 with no baffles and a UK licence plate and the police left me alone. Was living there for a good year before I moved away. A few times the police looked like they wanted to but once they saw the licence they didn't both.
And before that both in France and england noone bothered me, except for inspection when we would remount the stock ones.

Maybe i got lucky

Old 05-27-2010, 02:34 AM
berlinHENNIG
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mordrapheus
hehe maybe I was getting lucky, last i was thundering around munich in 2004 with no baffles and a UK licence plate and the police left me alone. Was living there for a good year before I moved away. A few times the police looked like they wanted to but once they saw the licence they didn't both.
And before that both in France and england noone bothered me, except for inspection when we would remount the stock ones.

Maybe i got lucky
1. This was in 2004 - since than EU laws have increased!
2. This was Munich - not Bavaria ;-) and not Berlin (beware of our MOD's - motorcycle cops!!!)
3. Members of other EU states still means a lot more paperwork