Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick detachable HD accessories for Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Dawk Halliday
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Quick detachable HD accessories for Deluxe

I have an 08 deluxe that I would like to set up with the "made for deluxe" bags, windshield, touring pillion seat and backrest. Has anyone out there have this set up with bags and backrest quick detachable? Any tips on installation or hardware used. Is best to use Harley parts or alternatives?

Old 05-22-2010, 09:43 AM
jbg
Road Warrior

Are you refering to the stock Deluxe bags that usually come with the Deluxe? I've got all that on my '08. Really easy to set up.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Dawk Halliday
Novice

Your bike is exactly the look I am after. I would like to have the backrest and the bags quick detachable. Do you have yours mounted this way? Did you use Harley Davidson Original parts or after market? What would you recommmend.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:19 AM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2 cents. The Harley OEM bags look great with their matching details, but they are very, very small and relatively expensive. I doubt you could fit a leather jacket into one of the bags. If you want bags that are actually useful, I'd look towards aftermarket, like Boss Bags or Hog Deluxe. These bags are very expensive, but other forum members seem to be pleased with them.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Dawk Halliday
Novice

thanks for the tip Glen the bags from hog deluxe look awesome and the come with the detachable hardware included in the price.

ps Nice Bike

Old 05-23-2010, 04:25 PM
tlustine
Cruiser
Thumbs up

I have the hog deluxe bags with quick release set up. Love them. They mount REAL CLOSE to the fender and look great. Much greater capacity than the OEM bags! Any more capacity would require a new exhaust set up...again all aftermarket. If you're also going with the quick release sissybar too, the whole set up mounts up well but, no longer as tight to the fender. It's a trade off. I did just get the sissybar for the bike and will have to remount the quick release studs with the longer bolts (also provided by Mike at Hogdeluxe) to allow for the extra docking slots for the sissy. Don't mean to imply that they mount further away from the fender than other bags, just once you add the sissybar, no longer reap the extra benefit of a great design (recessed mounting hardware on back of bags). All in all, I think Hogdeluxe bags are the best option out there short of switching to true dual exhaust whic provides option to chose whatever bag you want out there!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:36 AM
rockchalk08
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tlustine
I have the hog deluxe bags with quick release set up. Love them. They mount REAL CLOSE to the fender and look great. Much greater capacity than the OEM bags! Any more capacity would require a new exhaust set up...again all aftermarket. If you're also going with the quick release sissybar too, the whole set up mounts up well but, no longer as tight to the fender. It's a trade off. I did just get the sissybar for the bike and will have to remount the quick release studs with the longer bolts (also provided by Mike at Hogdeluxe) to allow for the extra docking slots for the sissy. Don't mean to imply that they mount further away from the fender than other bags, just once you add the sissybar, no longer reap the extra benefit of a great design (recessed mounting hardware on back of bags). All in all, I think Hogdeluxe bags are the best option out there short of switching to true dual exhaust whic provides option to chose whatever bag you want out there!
Do you have any pics with the Hog Deluxe bags on? Do they hold quite a bit more than the OEM bags? Thanks.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

My bike came with the rider's essentials kit which includes the quick detach backrest, windsheild and crash bars. I added the Deluxe bags and a few other doo-dads and am quite pleased. While the bags are smaller than say a Road Kind custom or classic bag, you have the advantage of not having to go through the expense of changing out your exhaust system plus they lock. If you need more room, add a bag that fits over the sissy bar. They get quite large at the top so I've not had a problem fitting a leather jacket in one, but to each his / her own. Everybody packs different and all that jazz. Personally, I love the look. They match the wing theme of the tank emblem and I really like the way they follow the curve of the fender top. To me they just blend with the bike better.

Last edited by Sleeko; 05-29-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Dawk Halliday
Novice

Your absolutely right, those bags MATCH the bike. Are they permanently mounted or quick detachable? Is that windshield the 21" or the 18"? How do you like it?

Old 05-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Dawk Halliday
Your absolutely right, those bags MATCH the bike. Are they permanently mounted or quick detachable? Is that windshield the 21" or the 18"? How do you like it?
Thanks Dawk. The bags are not quick detatch, but you can take them off. I think I have the larger 21" windsheild. It is the nostalgia model which is quick detatch as if the sissy bar.
They are both quite handy and enjoy having them on my bike.

Quick Reply: Quick detachable HD accessories for Deluxe