Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backordered parts for night train

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 AM
marklp
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backordered parts for night train

I bought a beautiful '07 Night Train last week. My first Harley. It has a HD paint set and inverted blackened front end. I added quite a few MoCo parts to be added before I take delivery.
Six days later and the dealer still shows about 10 items of various importance or value on backorder. BTW, not all of these are "new" for '07 parts. Is this typical for getting parts added
by the dealer? It's a large dealer so I know they are on the radar. I might add that they have been very good to me so far during the whole process.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:30 PM
marklp
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Backordered parts for night train

I'm the only guy adding parts to my new bike at the dealer? I'm surprised that no one else is having any issues.
Also, I need to thank all on this forum for the information that allowed me to make a better informed decision on my bike.
I check this forum more than my email
I'll post pics when I get it to the house.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure this answers your question, but the several dealers I've been to keep a very limited parts inventory. They seem to stock only parts they need for general service work. I wouldn't be surprised that the warehouses/distributors also maintain pretty lean inventories and only stock parts that move quickly.

Even the on-line suppliers like Zanotti take several days to get the parts before they ship to the buyer.

A result of "just in time" inventory.

Sammi

Old 08-16-2006, 07:04 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My parts list was 6 pages long, and I didn't want to have anything holding up another part of the bike assembly.
So, I bought the bike in November of last year and it spent the winter at the dealership getting built.
I'm not sure what you bought but my paint took about 9 weeks, and my diamond cutting took almost 10 weeks to turn around..
MoCo parts are usually very easy to get, unless you are ordering brand new catalog items. Aside from that, if your dealer is having difficulty getting parts, I would call Zanotti's or Chicago Harley to order them.

I recently bought two new 07' catalog parts, and my dealer said they are on nationwide backorder until Sept and October.
Zanottis had them in stock, and should be here tomorrow.

The following users liked this post:
dheithen (03-29-2024)
Old 08-16-2006, 09:38 PM
GPLRJBRAZIL
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Adventure Harley Davidson, they use to have a reasonable stock. http://www.hmhd.com

The following users liked this post:
dheithen (03-29-2024)