Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Guard for Fat Boy Lo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010 | 06:14 PM
jbg
|
Road Warrior
Default Engine Guard for Fat Boy Lo?

So what do you guys think will look best? I haven't been able to find any pics of a Lo with an engine guard so I'm asking you guys. HD's new one has built in highway pads so you don't need seperate pegs.

The new Mustache Engine Guard - Gloss Black: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Or

The old Gloss Black Engine Guard Kit: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 05-13-2010 | 06:17 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I prefer having separate pages as you can put them exactly where you want them. With the all inclusive model your feet are stuck where the pegs are and if it is not comfy, that is it.

Drew

Old 05-13-2010 | 06:23 PM
jbg
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I prefer having separate pages as you can put them exactly where you want them. With the all inclusive model your feet are stuck where the pegs are and if it is not comfy, that is it.

Drew
Very good point. But won't the old bar look big on the Lo? I guess I need to see some pictures of peoples Lo's with an engine guard. Anyone...anyone???

Old 05-13-2010 | 06:41 PM
IronhorseMP
Advanced

I've got an engine guard on my lo. I like the way it looks.

Old 05-13-2010 | 07:12 PM
IronhorseMP
Advanced

Here are a couple pictures of my lo with the engine guard.

Attached Thumbnails Engine Guard for Fat Boy Lo?-dscn1657.jpg   Engine Guard for Fat Boy Lo?-dscn1650.jpg  
Old 05-13-2010 | 07:21 PM
bikermama
Road Captain

Here's my lo with mustache engine guards

Last edited by bikermama; 05-13-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2010 | 08:08 PM
jed1069
Road Master

The old one won't look too big at al I have it on my regular Fatty.

Old 05-13-2010 | 08:45 PM
Red9
Road Captain

I'd go with the black chrome Kuryakyn Ergo guard myself...
Less intrusive to the eye and you end up with two sets of pegs built in.
Just my .02

Lee

Old 05-14-2010 | 09:32 AM
Glave
Intermediate

Personally I was looking at the Kuryakan Cruise Arm Mark IV(or what ever the latest number is) but they don't make 'em for 2010 models yet. Had engine guard on b oth my dresser (natch) and SERK but I don't care for the look on a softy JMHO.

Would def go black though if I was gonna do it. But I'm all about satin, demin and flat black. THE MORE THE BETTER.

Old 06-01-2010 | 08:27 AM
RuMbLeStRiP
Advanced

Originally Posted by Glave
Personally I was looking at the Kuryakan Cruise Arm Mark IV(or what ever the latest number is) but they don't make 'em for 2010 models yet. Had engine guard on b oth my dresser (natch) and SERK but I don't care for the look on a softy JMHO.

Would def go black though if I was gonna do it. But I'm all about satin, demin and flat black. THE MORE THE BETTER.

They actually do make the Mark IV for 2010. I got in touch with them because i had the same question, if they made it for the fatboy lo. Well they do. I also had to ask them if they could get it to me in black or unfinished steel instead of chrome and they won't do it. It only comes in chrome.

Those that have the black engine guards on their fatboy lo, does it get close to scraping the ground? I grind the sh*t out of my floorboards and was wondering if i'll be grinding this too.

Quick Reply: Engine Guard for Fat Boy Lo?