Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Guard for Fat Boy Lo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012 | 06:48 PM
Leonidas__300
Intermediate

I really like the way the engine guard looks on the Lo. I just bought a 2012 Lo and plan to get one straight away. I'll probably get it painted matte black to match the internals though.

Last edited by Leonidas__300; 06-01-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:09 PM
AmericanMuscle
Tourer

Originally Posted by jbg
Very good point. But won't the old bar look big on the Lo? I guess I need to see some pictures of peoples Lo's with an engine guard. Anyone...anyone???
Can you post more pics of your engin bar? Thanks!

Old 06-20-2012 | 09:06 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Here ya go.

Old 08-21-2012 | 12:10 PM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

How much does a engine guard help in a crash or if the bike is laid down? Anyone ever have to rely on one?

Old 08-21-2012 | 11:18 PM
Loride
Intermediate

Okay, I'll shamefully admit to laying down my Lo the other day with a mustache engine guard installed. It was at very low speed... Where someone decided to change lanes and break without warning at a light. I braked but the rear wheel kicked out on me and the bike went down.

No damage to the bike, wide footboards, nor side bags... Only slight scratches to the engine bar... and, of course, a little damage to the ego for not predicting the potential cager cutoff...

Worked Perfectly!! No matter what... Will always recommend an engine guard...to protect your legs, if anything else, in the event of a lay down...

Old 08-21-2012 | 11:32 PM
Markske
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Loride
Okay, I'll shamefully admit to laying down my Lo the other day with a mustache engine guard installed. It was at very low speed... Where someone decided to change lanes and break without warning at a light. I braked but the rear wheel kicked out on me and the bike went down.

No damage to the bike, wide footboards, nor side bags... Only slight scratches to the engine bar... and, of course, a little damage to the ego for not predicting the potential cager cutoff...

Worked Perfectly!! No matter what... Will always recommend an engine guard...to protect your legs, if anything else, in the event of a lay down...
Good to hear it's just your ego that got scratched... ;-)))
I installed the nostalgic engine guard (PC'ed gloss black). I hope I never need it!

Old 08-22-2012 | 07:44 AM
Pravda
Tourer

Hey Loride.

Can you tell me which brand is your engine guard?
I want the minimal look, and yours seems to be pretty compact.

No rush, whenever.

Thanks

Old 08-22-2012 | 09:22 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Had similar incident involving a geek on a little moped scooter. Bike went down at about 3-5 mph no harm to anything but a slight scratch on the guard.