Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roland Sands Fender Kit on a 09 Fatty

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Plasteredcat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roland Sands Fender Kit on a 09 Fatty

Ok i have to start by saying the kit i thought i was gonna put on never made it on the bike but the idea did. Its strange that you think your going in one direction and then you change but end up in the same area. This took me six months to save up for and seemed like forever to make up my mind till i saw a bike with this fender kit on it. Its also strange that i started a post about custom oil bags and i found the fender kit that i was looking for... Fu@king amazing.

*My first choice was the EXILE kit.... I even went to a bike show to see one were EXILE motor Cycles had a display.... Well they had all there literature but werent ready to start selling kits yet. This went on for some time and they really never came out with a kit that would fit a 2009 bike. They were ment for 2007 soft tails. I looked for pictures but i think they stop making the kit or never made it at all....

* Second Choice was the Heartland bobber kit .... this looks Awesome along with a big price tag

* Third was another Heartland kit . I called and was told that they didn't have a kit yet for a fatty 2009 yet but should have one in a month.... this to this day has not happened.

I also looked at some fender kit from shade tree fender. Everything i read was that the fender took some time to get and took some doing to install.

Ok so i ended up going with Roland Sands Fender kit and a HD Seat Kit. I should have purchased a different seat kit but i had originally ordered RS seat kit as well but was told from Drag that it would not work with my bike.

Well here is the start of the project and it has a couple of days to go but here is my version of my blacked out 2009 Fat Train. I have a set of RS 16" Apes on the way but they are one month out so this thread may last s=for some time. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Plasteredcat; 05-13-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:11 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice. So you are going to run a spring seat?

Old 05-12-2010, 03:08 AM
hksigman
Road Master

plaster is that the stock headlight? it looks large without the addition of the trim piece

Old 05-12-2010, 05:34 AM
Plasteredcat
Road Master

DR Twin

Yes i am gonna run the spring seat. i will post when its installed.

HK sigman

I installed the HD visor bezel part # 69734-05 & then of course painted it black.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Brennr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dats gona look awesum..
kewl sig pic... one of my fave bikes from Marcus Walz (drool)

Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Plasteredcat
Road Master

wow you know who build that bike? i get tons of pms asking me who the builder is. Cheers !

Old 05-13-2010, 02:23 AM
Brennr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plasteredcat
wow you know who build that bike? i get tons of pms asking me who the builder is. Cheers !
Yup its Marcus Walz from 'Walz Hardcore Cycles' in Germany. The guy has built sum awesum machines over the years. that particular bike was one of the biker build-off bikes that won in the states..

Old 05-13-2010, 02:36 AM
Toy_Jon
Cruiser

I just installed the RSD fender, make sure to install a WASHER between the frame and the strut.......
I lowered my bike 1 1/2 and rub on the fender bolts....
great kit, easy install just plan on adding a washer on both sides.....
Or you will rub your tire raw....
-jon

Old 05-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Plasteredcat
Road Master

Toy Jon what seat kit did you use? Do you have any instal pics or close up pics?

Old 05-13-2010, 10:22 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Talk to me for the best pricing around on the RSD fender kit. I am still drooling from those pics.

Drew

Quick Reply: Roland Sands Fender Kit on a 09 Fatty