Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 01:34 PM
finnrocker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride mostly with Arai Freeway on. Very comfortable and doesn't look like "a mushroom on a head". Not the cheapest one but I wouldn't never ride with helmet that costs $20...I like my life a lot!

Old 05-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Plasteredcat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one of those as well but speeds over 55 i turn into a bobble head..... very uncomfortable

Old 05-13-2010, 01:55 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant wait to see the review of this helmet....

But also was wondering if anyone wears the Bell Drifter, and if so, how do you like it? I hear it's a mushroom head helmet, but all the pictures I've seen of it, is just the helmet, and nobody's head in it. Thanks....

Old 05-13-2010, 02:00 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FBLJosh
I cant wait to see the review of this helmet....

But also was wondering if anyone wears the Bell Drifter, and if so, how do you like it? I hear it's a mushroom head helmet, but all the pictures I've seen of it, is just the helmet, and nobody's head in it. Thanks....
Its huge....Walmart carries them go there and see for urself..

Old 05-13-2010, 02:10 PM
meatsack
Banned

Originally Posted by FBLJosh

I have one...I had a hard time finding a shorty that fit right on my noggin.

It fits good but after wearing my AVG Dragon...I won't go back to the Drifter. Too noisy and if you turn your head up or to the sides, the Drifter acts as a parachute...I imagine most DOT shortys are like this anyway. Mostly, I like having my ears covered...the wind noise is rediculous otherwise.

Here's a couple pics of the drifter...(and the day I got my bones.)

Attached Thumbnails New Helmet-dscn0172.jpg   New Helmet-dscn0171.jpg  

Last edited by meatsack; 05-13-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Jaxx
Tourer

Originally Posted by dansax
Bought the same helmet brand new on E-Bay for $15.50. Nobody bid against me. The shipping was $25. I have it in flat black. It is a great helmet that I wear on windy days or very long rides. I have my other two half helemts for the bar hopping. Oh yeah it's DOT.

Hey man, sorry but there has been alot of helmest discussed on here, can you be more specific on which one you are referring to? Are you talking about the one from the original post because if it is good for long rides and windy days I might have to look into it as well for road trips. Thanks.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:06 PM
firecwp
Tourer

The helmet is scheduled for arrival today. I'll post a review tomorrow. It's one of those things- it's either going to look real good or real stupid- no in between on this one. I'll try to take pics and write a decent review. If it doesn't work it can take its place on the shelf with all the others that failed the test.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:48 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

interesting looking helmet

Old 05-14-2010, 04:04 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxx
Hey man, sorry but there has been alot of helmest discussed on here, can you be more specific on which one you are referring to? Are you talking about the one from the original post because if it is good for long rides and windy days I might have to look into it as well for road trips. Thanks.
Yeah, I was referring to the original post. I like the helmet in the colder, windier weather. I don't like full face so this fits the bill. Don't let the price fool you. They are made in China but they pass DOT regs. I bet the MOMO helmets that cost $400 and look just like these are made there too. As I said , I don't wear it all the time I also have a Bell Drifter and a carbon fiber that are great. The guys that make fun of the Drifter and the other helmets should realize that living in a DOT state you can't find a small super cool looking helmet.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:32 AM
broeschi
Advanced
Default Daytona helmet

Originally Posted by firecwp
The helmet is scheduled for arrival today. I'll post a review tomorrow. It's one of those things- it's either going to look real good or real stupid- no in between on this one. I'll try to take pics and write a decent review. If it doesn't work it can take its place on the shelf with all the others that failed the test.
+1
I have four failures on the shelf. Two harley, an arai that is good for the highway but not cool for around town, some off brand that the harley dealer was giving away and my Daytona http://www.daytonahelmets.com/home/d...bon_fiber.html

which after trying on every helmet in the shop where I bought it was the only one that actually had a reasonable fashion factor(according to Rachel) as well as being DOT. I love the carbon fiber look and this one actually sits low with no mods to it. I have heard that a ball bat works well to get that low look but you have to buy small and beat it in to get one to fit. And how you beat it in is up to you.

Attached Thumbnails New Helmet-hawk-helmet.jpg  

Quick Reply: New Helmet