Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Sport Tour Seat Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:14 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts
Thumbs up C&C Sport Tour Seat Review

I wanted a 2up seat that was not large and butt ugly, would sit me lower and back, and is comfortable for long day trips. After months of research, I decided on the Sport Tour. The seats fit and finish are top notch. Looks more expensive than it costs (be sure to get a price from DrVtwin). I got the standard plain vinyl seat. It looks like leather and the stitching design gives it a very clean look. It mounts perfectly and firmly on to the frame, no movement, and comes with the front and rear tabs. The seat positions you ~1 1/2" lower and ~1" back. The bike feels totally different, in a very good way. Sitting lower, more back, and in a bucket, you feel like part of the bike - makes both twisties and freeway riding even more fun. Although it is a low profile seat and feels firm, its actually comfortable, a lot more comfortable than the stock seat. The padding is dense, not hard, and at 200lbs, I never felt like I would bottom out to the seat pan. I can easily do long day rides with this seat. Took the gf for ride and she also says it is more comfortable then the stocker. She is on the lighter side, so not sure if this would hold true for a heavier passenger.

I spoke with C&C a couple times and they a very helpful. They had mentioned that 200 rear tire bikes may have a little less padding due to the seat pan design because of the wider fender. They are coming out with a new seat pan to address this. Not sure how different the comfort level is when comparing 200 bikes with 130 and 150 bikes.

Attached Thumbnails C&C Sport Tour Seat Review-seat.jpg  
Old 05-10-2010, 10:45 AM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice..I have the solo on my Deluxe and its great,was going to get the Sport Tour for my EGC but orderd the Fastback insted last week....Cant wait..

Old 05-10-2010, 11:06 AM
J-Train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KumaRide
I wanted a 2up seat that was not large and butt ugly, would sit me lower and back, and is comfortable for long day trips. After months of research, I decided on the Sport Tour. The seats fit and finish are top notch. Looks more expensive than it costs (be sure to get a price from DrVtwin). I got the standard plain vinyl seat. It looks like leather and the stitching design gives it a very clean look. It mounts perfectly and firmly on to the frame, no movement, and comes with the front and rear tabs. The seat positions you ~1 1/2" lower and ~1" back. The bike feels totally different, in a very good way. Sitting lower, more back, and in a bucket, you feel like part of the bike - makes both twisties and freeway riding even more fun. Although it is a low profile seat and feels firm, its actually comfortable, a lot more comfortable than the stock seat. The padding is dense, not hard, and at 200lbs, I never felt like I would bottom out to the seat pan. I can easily do long day rides with this seat. Took the gf for ride and she also says it is more comfortable then the stocker. She is on the lighter side, so not sure if this would hold true for a heavier passenger.

I spoke with C&C a couple times and they a very helpful. They had mentioned that 200 rear tire bikes may have a little less padding due to the seat pan design because of the wider fender. They are coming out with a new seat pan to address this. Not sure how different the comfort level is when comparing 200 bikes with 130 and 150 bikes.
Looking at this seat for my train so my wife can ride without getting a numb ***. Does your seat and the passenger seat have the gel inserts already built into it?

Old 05-10-2010, 02:58 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ranger56528
Nice..I have the solo on my Deluxe and its great,was going to get the Sport Tour for my EGC but orderd the Fastback insted last week....Cant wait..
You getting another CC seat says a lot. The Fastback looks nice. Considered it but needed something with a little more for the passenger.

Originally Posted by J-Train
Looking at this seat for my train so my wife can ride without getting a numb ***. Does your seat and the passenger seat have the gel inserts already built into it?
No gel. Ordered the standard seat. The padding feels firm, like what I think gel would feel like though...

Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 PM
magnum629c
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow looks great on ur bike. I have a fastback in the mail I cant wait to get it..how long did it take to get?

Old 05-10-2010, 04:20 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks great. I may have to get one for my ride, but I need a solo.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:06 PM
ROCKER"D"
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great bro..!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:02 PM
2006FLST
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I finally got my C&C solo with flame stitching out over the weekend. It was great. And like you said the fit and finish is perfect and looks more expensive than it cost.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:15 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by magnum629c
wow looks great on ur bike. I have a fastback in the mail I cant wait to get it..how long did it take to get?
Took about 9 days - not that I was counting...
l

Old 05-10-2010, 08:02 PM
magnum629c
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks